car meets

rinty

Sunday Drivers
i cant send mp's cos im not a full member but i just want to ask a question.
what are the rules on setting up unofficial meets.
like just meetin in a carpark somwhere to see some cars and meet some subaru heads.

i dont want to over step the boundries as im only new here.

i just want to know what the story is.

cheers.

There's no rules on unofficial meets but why not join as a full member and go to the official meets

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=38013.msg435457#msg435457 date=1368906929]
There's no rules on unofficial meets but why not join as a full member and go to the official meets
[/quote]
:plusone:

Not sure where you're from but we don't typically allow unofficial meets to be organised on the site by non-full members. The reason being that we have no say in who shows up or what they get up to which could reflect badly on the club's good reputation. The only events allowed are pre-organised trackdays, charity events, etc :thumbsup:

I would encourage you to join as a full club member and attend some of the meets listed below. As you seem to be a fella actively interested, I'm sure you'd enjoy club life. And with most events subsidised by the club, the more events you attend, you'll easily make your money back :subaru:

Below is the calendar of events for 2013 for your interest, obviously without dates :thumbsup:

2013 List of ISDC Events

May
Tynagh karting
Trackday training
Dublin Night Meet - Trip to Dundrum for F&F 6 film
Midlands Night Meet

June
Clay pidgeon shooting or quad biking
Barretstown Kids Camp
Dublin Night Meet
Midlands Night Meet

July
Terenure Motor Show
Karting in whiteriver or quad biking
Dublin Night Meet
Midlands Night Meet

August
Irish Festival of Speed with overnight camping
Barretstown Kids Camp
Charity BBQ in Rathbeggan Lakes.
Dublin Night Meet
Midlands Night Meet

September
Trip to RCM/Prodrive in the UK
Japfest - Attendance to be determined by members
Spirit of dunboyne - Attendance to be determined by members
Dublin Night Meet
Midlands Night Meet

October
ISDC Trackday - Mondello Park
Dublin Night Meet
Midlands Night Meet

November
Dyno Day
Dublin Night Meet
Midlands Night Meet

December
Christmas party
Whiteriver karting between Christmas and New Year.
Dublin Night Meet
Midlands Night Meet

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=38013.msg435470#msg435470 date=1368914767]
Still no events down this way.

Sent from Note 2

[/quote]

you couldnt attend anyway , seeing as you havent renewed full membership :roll: :thumbsup:

get active in trying to entice others to get a meet or 2 going , i got a few meets going down that way when on the committee and drove down from wicklow to ya's , surely someone down there can pick a route and arrange a drive , there isnt anymore than 30 mins work involved , its your club and it is what you make of it after all ,

Events happen due to demand, if no members in a given area then events wont happen, if members are in or around a given area and do make the effort then events/meets grow. I dont make all events but I make a couple and I reckon every year I make my membership back plus about €20-€30 thats not even including group buys, buying/selling to members etc...
As you can see from list above there is no lack of things to do, im here about 6 years and its getting better year on year so join up and make an effort to go to meets/events. No point saying meets/events dont happen, they do. The greater the input the greater the output, its a members club so its up to members to make it what it is, the organisers are voluntary after all..

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=38013.msg435470#msg435470 date=1368914767]
Still no events down this way.
[/quote]

Irish Festival of speed is in Limerick, not sure if thats too far for you.

I'm afraid I can't move the dyno, mondello, Terenure, barretstown, RCM or Prodrive.

Other than that, 1 major meet in galway, 1 in Louth, 1 in Meath and 1 TBC but most likely somewhere southeast direction.

Local events are organised by volunteers, and you would be more than welcome to volunteer to organise some meets in your local area. This a members club run by members, and as such members get out what they put in :thumbsup:

Tommy havent had the car for almost 2yrs. Only back a few weeks. Will rejoin when funds allow, baby on the way so money is been spent else where at the minute. Membership fee was never an issue.
I understand there is lack of members in west cork.

Sent from Note 2

Of course there is the Coffee & Cars every month too in Cherrywood Dublin and believe there are 1-2 similar events around the country, like in Limerick where the Irish Festival of Speed will be held. Those are not Subaru specific, but some Scoobies do turn up!

I would recommend to try get membership as soon as you can. The €50 per year is well worth it and many other clubs charge more (I'm a member of several different car / motor clubs). As for events.. yep... all about what people put in, not only those good enough to organise an event, but also the rest of the club showing support for events by attending! :clap:

Gowannn join up... you know you wannaaa..... :1poke:

Congrats on the baby news Aaron. :goodpost: I have a feeling there will be a drive down here before the year is out. Keep an eye on the members section. :banana:

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=38013.msg435477#msg435477 date=1368917116]
Tommy havent had the car for almost 2yrs. Only back a few weeks. Will rejoin when funds allow, baby on the way so money is been spent else where at the minute. Membership fee was never an issue.
I understand there is lack of members in west cork.

Sent from Note 2

[/quote]

not having a go mate , just saying an active full member down that way will have a positive effect on other members down that direction and get things going again , southern area monthly meets should be a runner

Re: Re: car meets

[quote author=gonzogicken link=topic=38013.msg1#msg1 date=1368956086]
Congrats on the baby news Aaron. :goodpost: I have a feeling there will be a drive down here before the year is out. Keep an eye on the members section. :banana:
[/quote]

Thanks man, not far away now time is just flying by. Due start of sept so must try arrange a mols gap / healy pass drive again. We got a good turn out 2yrs ago.

Sent from Note 2

[quote author=Keadeen link=topic=38013.msg435484#msg435484 date=1368953359]
Of course there is the Coffee & Cars every month too in Cherrywood Dublin and believe there are 1-2 similar events around the country, like in Limerick where the Irish Festival of Speed will be held. Those are not Subaru specific, but some Scoobies do turn up!

I would recommend to try get membership as soon as you can. The €50 per year is well worth it and many other clubs charge more (I'm a member of several different car / motor clubs). As for events.. yep... all about what people put in, not only those good enough to organise an event, but also the rest of the club showing support for events by attending! :clap:

Gowannn join up... you know you wannaaa..... :1poke:

[/quote]

Hi just for my own info, what other clubs charge more than 50 to join, as I have been told by many people that 50 euro in today's day and age is to much and we have lost members over it?? Cheers johnny

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=38013.msg1#msg1 date=1368976068]

[/quote]must try arrange a mols gap / healy pass drive again. We got a good turn out 2yrs ago.

[/quote] that was mighty craic

im in cork city at the min. is there many members from down this way??

i was thinkng there might be a problem with organising meets from this site but all im after is meeting some members or subaru drivers in the area without having to drive up to dublin.

is there club reps in each city or anything like that?

Back