Injectors maxing out

Paddy scooby

Middle Lane Hogs
Lads, There is something up with my injectors recently, when your in fifth and about 4-5000 rev's and still accelerating ther check engine light may just flicker and a slight hesitation will also occur. I checked up the power fc and the highest percentage injection duty was just recoreded at 100%. I called west ward eng and Martin said that the flicker of the warning light was nothing to worry about it was only telling me the injectors were maxing out and he was concerned as to why i was doing that speed anyway, but that i feel is besides the point. Anyway is the only way past this bigger injectors, or why has this only started occuring lately, again i had the car mapped and the knock value aint goin over 14 at any time.

Paddy i'd say you need new injectors and not bigger,
standard STI injectors (440cc) are good for 380/400 bhp aprox

What power is your car running ????

Niall.

That happened on my old wrx. Andy Forrest said I must have had an air leak but after extensively checking it none could be found. He remapped the car and increased injector duty cycle to 97.5%. He recommended bigger injectors and a FPR just to be on the dafe side.

Maybe one of your injectors is starting to die. Westward Eng can carry out a test if the injectors for you but it might just be better to save your money testing them and just upgrade them anyway.

Frawls

The car is running 326bhp at flywheel, ok that def something to think about, injectors are a big price arent they? I think it prob better to maybe get new set of sti injectors. Eh i dont mind telling you lads this labour of love is very expensive, infact all most not worth it, but we'll persever another little while

As above Id try a fuel pressure regulator first. By running higher pressure you could get and extra 5-10%, if you have one already double check the pressure. After that maybe consider the injectors. The  regulator isent wasted money anyway. The standard reg isent great for where your at.

Damo

If one of your injectors is dying a FPR will not make any difference. Thats why I'd just upgrade to STI pinks which are good for 380 bhp at least. STI pinks are not that expensive but as Damo said if the FPR doesn't do the trick you can still use it along with the STI pinks and then they would be good for 400 bhp.

If you have an air leak the injectors wont be able to supply sufficient fuel to compensate for the greater AFR so the hoses post MAF and turbo need to be checked but it is more likely to be the injectors IMHO.

What kind of car do you have? What CC are the injectors and what kind of turbo do you have. If your turbo is too big it will be flowing more air than the injectors can handle.

Frawls

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=4350.msg46359#msg46359 date=1195586856]
If one of your injectors is dying a FPR will not make any difference. Thats why I'd just upgrade to STI pinks which are good for 380 bhp at least. STI pinks are not that expensive but as Damo said if the FPR doesn't do the trick you can still use it along with the STI pinks and then they would be good for 400 bhp.

If you have an air leak the injectors wont be able to supply sufficient fuel to compensate for the greater AFR so the hoses post MAF and turbo need to be checked but it is more likely to be the injectors IMHO.

What kind of car do you have? What CC are the injectors and what kind of turbo do you have. If your turbo is too big it will be flowing more air than the injectors can handle.

Frawls
[/quote]

I think he has the 440s which are good for more then the 320bhp he's running so doubht there maxing out, the STI Pinks are top feed injectors so wont fit. Better to just buy a set of 550's that will fit straight in. Prob around same price as STI Pinks anyway. But like you say might be better to just buy new injectors and be done with it.

Damo

Grand lads, i think ill just get new sti injectors, and see does that fix the problem. I have a 97 wrx sti type R version 4

Back