Carbon Fiber Repair

Mick Spec C

Hello Lads,

Does anyone know where you can get C.F. repaired in Ireland. If so does it look the job unpainted or should it be sprayed to cover up the repair :ponder:

Cheers,

Michael

Hello Paul,

The front splitter on my S204 is cracked straight through (vertically), I am looking for a repair along the crack approx 60-70mm (not bits missing), but I do not want it to be obvious. Its approx €1200 for a new front splitter, which IMO is not worth it. I would rather buy a Std Spec-C plastic one and save a few hundred euro as the C.F. is very low anyway  :whistle:

But if I can repair for the right money I will keep it  :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

The only thing i can think is if you have a body shop to sand the laquer down on the front and repair it with fibre class at the back of it where ya wont see it.
Then respray it with a fresh coat of laquer and it should look fine the crack should hardly be noticeable.

Hello Paul,

I thought about this. But as the crack is straight, I would always see it  :(

If anyone knows someone who can matt a couple of sheets on to make it look seamless, please let me know  :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=4333.msg45908#msg45908 date=1195168355]
wouldnt it have to be reweaved? can you just patch up carbon fibre?
[/quote]

Hello Dagnut,

You cannot re-weave CF, but if someone can "matt & paste" in a bit so it does not look very obvious, I would be very pleased  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael
PS we are only talking about a "bolt on" front splitter, but I would rather keep it if it could be repaired properly  :thumbsup:

i doubt you would get this done handy mick, imo i dont think it would ever be right :dunno:

:thumbsup:

Mick you could buy one of the cheap plastic copies of the s204 from ebay and I know someone that could get it covered in carbon fibre for ya will deffo be cheaper than buying an original one.

Back