PDA

View Full Version : New wheels

Brads
23-04-2013, 00:21
So I need new tyres for the new wheels I bought, I'm not in a rush to get them on the car so I'm just looking for peoples opinions on what I should do. I learned the tail happy way of buying cheap tyres for the Altezza and obviously the Subaru is a totally different scenario for what I want, which is grip.

Am I better to hold off and save up and buy a decent set of NEW tyres, I had my mindset on toyo proxes. Open to other suggestions if people could give me prices.

Am I better to hold off and save up and buy a decent set of NEW tyres, I had my mindset on toyo proxes. Open to other suggestions if people could give me prices.
Or are part worn tyres just as good to get value for money. I have no idea on prices for either but especially part worn.

Kilfree
23-04-2013, 00:57
Buy new tyres if possible,as part worn ones can be dodgy as hell.You wouldn't know what abuse they got previously.

Brads
23-04-2013, 01:04
Yeah for everyday tyres it is convincing me to buy new ones. As I said I'm not in a rush, but I'd like peoples opinions on both.

:thumbsup: Kilfree

BazGF8
23-04-2013, 02:30
Toyo proxes T1r are shit I wouldnt rate them at all especially in the wet. If you want the best tyre dry or wet I would recommend Michelin Pilot Sport 3. 225/45/ 17 is the correct size for a new age car

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s16p102349/Michelin_Tyres_Car_Michelin_Pilot_Sport_3_-_225_45_R17_94W_XL_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_A _NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_71dB

Brads
23-04-2013, 16:16
:thumbsup: for the info Baz.

mac mac
23-04-2013, 17:22
maybe a set of partworns to get you going for a couple of months while you save for a decent set of news , that way when replacing you will have some left on the part worns to do a trackday or the likes !

also use to think proxes were good but lately a few different reviews have put me off them . eagle f1 are always a good choice

Brads
23-04-2013, 17:28
I've a bit of thread left on my standard wheels so if I choose to do a track day ill be able to use them. As I said no rush, just opinions needed. What are you running yourself mac mac?

davelegacy
23-04-2013, 23:34
In dry nothing wrong with t1r,s at all.

Grahamo spec c
23-04-2013, 23:50
If you have the money I would buy Goodyear eagle F1 asyms.
The best tyre I have used by far on my Impreza.

On my 3rd set and they are great.

Any weather condition isn't a problem for them including snow!

Hard wearing too and savage grip in the rain.

I've had the best bridgestones,toyos and Michelin tyres on the car and I keep going back for the F1 asyms.
I see they have an asym 2 now and ill be buying these too.

Only other one I hear are better a Yokohama prada.
Soft and wear out quickly but a great tyre.

Don't buy used tyres and spend money on good new ones.
Camskill are doing great deals on Goodyear at the moment.

Brads
24-04-2013, 01:00
Right, yeah an all round tyre would be what I'm going for. How long am I expecting out of these tyres? Daily driving and the odd time bring her over the hills to flex a muscle. How many km did you get out of the Goodyear Graham? Likewise Baz on the Michelin? Like as I said I don't mind holding out for the best tyre. Can anyone second either of the lads opinions on the two suggested?