New wheels

Brads

Sunday Drivers
So I need new tyres for the new wheels I bought, I'm not in a rush to get them on the car so I'm just looking for peoples opinions on what I should do. I learned the tail happy way of buying cheap tyres for the Altezza and obviously the Subaru is a totally different scenario for what I want, which is grip.

Am I better to hold off and save up and buy a decent set of NEW tyres, I had my mindset on toyo proxes. Open to other suggestions if people could give me prices.

• [li]Am I better to hold off and save up and buy a decent set of NEW tyres, I had my mindset on toyo proxes. Open to other suggestions if people could give me prices.[/li]
    [li]Or are part worn tyres just as good to get value for money. I have no idea on prices for either but especially part worn.[/li]

Buy new tyres if possible,as part worn ones can be dodgy as hell.You wouldn't know what abuse they got previously.

Yeah for everyday tyres it is convincing me to buy new ones. As I said I'm not in a rush, but I'd like peoples opinions on both.

:thumbsup: Kilfree

maybe a set of partworns to get you going for a couple of months while you save for a decent set of news , that way when replacing you will have some left on the part worns to do a trackday or the likes !

also use to think proxes were good but lately a few different reviews have put me off them . eagle f1 are always a good choice

I've a bit of thread left on my standard wheels so if I choose to do a track day ill be able to use them. As I said no rush, just opinions needed. What are you running yourself mac mac?

If you have the money I would buy Goodyear eagle F1 asyms.
The best tyre I have used by far on my Impreza.

On my 3rd set and they are great.

Any weather condition isn't a problem for them including snow!

Hard wearing too and savage grip in the rain.

I've had the best bridgestones,toyos and Michelin tyres on the car and I keep going back for the F1 asyms.
I see they have an asym 2 now and ill be buying these too.

Only other one I hear are better a Yokohama prada.
Soft and wear out quickly but a great tyre.

Don't buy used tyres and spend money on good new ones.
Camskill are doing great deals on Goodyear at the moment.

Right, yeah an all round tyre would be what I'm going for. How long am I expecting out of these tyres? Daily driving and the odd time bring her over the hills to flex a muscle. How many km did you get out of the Goodyear Graham? Likewise Baz on the Michelin? Like as I said I don't mind holding out for the best tyre. Can anyone second either of the lads opinions on the two suggested?

Back