extra road noise and impact from front left

johnb4

Middle Lane Hogs
hi folks just wondering can anyone give me any explanation ......

lately i have been getting extra road noise from front left and also i can feel the bumps in the road alot more from the the front left too. i have replaced inner and outer control arm bushings and drop links so im just wondering if it could be a shock on its way out or top mount ..........as its starting to get very annoying

cheers john :thumbsup:

are you just replacing parts for the sake of it, you shouldnt replace anything unless you can find wear. Could be anything causing it, cheapest fix would be anti roll bar bushes but again I wouldn't replace anything unless it is visibly worn. Anybody can bolt on new parts you want a mechanic or someone in the know to diagnose it otherwise you are throwing away hard earned cash.

john has a lot of spare parts from the other legacy he broke, I would try the top mount or shock John, since you have some spare there still? I have ne spare shock there but not sure which side it is

all bushings were replaced due to wear and arb bushs have been changed too ......

@dan i have the spare shocks there but not to sure what there are like is there anywhere in dublin i can get the bilsteins rebuilt...as it is seriously wrecking the head :wall:

no not that i know of, UK maybe. if it doesnt look like its leaking oil from shock it maybe top hat or broken spring, Advanced pitstop or the like might be able to help diagnose or Dave or Ciaran

Back