any ideas

tclarke

Sunday Drivers
Was on m50 tonight in my b4 doing about 120 and there was a jump in the engine and the check engine light came on pulled over switched engine off and stated it again and light was off anybody know what it could be. :ponder:

if your not remapped and using 95 fuel id say the ecu has gone into "safe" mode..where it cuts boost...reset the ecu(disconnect the battery for 5 miuntes 24 secs) and it should be fine...recommend running e5 from maxol...unusual that you engine check light went off

had this prob too.. changed the maf sensor. you need a diagnostic report to make sure what fault it is

Happened on my old scoob when racing an EVO VI. at high speed under full throttle the engine started the death rattle (detonation) for a few secs and then the ecu cut boost to .4 bar. Stopped car for a few mins and then restarted her and she was fine. Got her remapped again and cut the boost back a bit. Lost about 20 bhp and 15 nm of torque but better to be safe than sorry.

Oh and I passed the EVO but he sailed past when my engine raised the white flag.

Frawls

what happened was i put the foot to the floor adout 1 second or less after my foot was down it jumped, this has happened a few times sometimes it would hesitate and others it did feel like you hit a wall, thats what happened last night it was like hitting a wall. then the engine light came on. so do you know what it might be? :ponder:

is it at 3000 revs roughly when you come on boost

if it is isnt it the coil pack :dunno: could be wrong but if i am someone will let you know :thumbsup:

im running octane booster and it over 3000 revs anybody know where i can get it checked out anywhere i go wont touch it.

Hey B4,
That was overboost i think most lads have or will experince it at some stage.

There are a number if reason's this could happen but more than likely one of the rubber
hose's going to or from the turbo's has a small tare or crack in it.

Have a good look around the turbo's you'll prob see some oil or hissing or something :dunno:

Anyway just drive her handy till you get it fixed

Niall.

Thanks for all the help guys. Will check the hoses for holes tonite.Am in dublin car was fine when i got it had half tank of petrol in it am using lucas octane booster sometimes it like a rocket other time it drives me mad

Back