turbo info.

lad161

Sunday Drivers
ive a 00 classic turbo sport est that is standard, ive got hold of a VF 22 turbo but before I fit it im after advice of what would else I should do, im not after massive 300+ power just a bit more than what was in it. Is there much in the difference between a td04 and a vf22.

[quote author=lad161 link=topic=37535.msg430256#msg430256 date=1365022855]
ive a 00 classic turbo sport est that is standard, ive got hold of a VF 22 turbo but before I fit it im after advice of what would else I should do, im not after massive 300+ power just a bit more than what was in it. Is there much in the difference between a td04 and a vf22.
[/quote]

A huge difference. Will be very laggfy compared to the tdo4.
Are you planning on mapping the car or just fit and drive it until she blows?

I intend on mapping it in time(cash shortage) just trying to do a bit of home work before I fit it cos to be fair it is a 13 year old engine; we'll try not to blow up anything.

If I was you I'd bang another td04 on it and fit the 22 when you can afford to map the car as in my opinion it would be long before you hear an awful bang

Vf22 would not be laggy at all after mapping.

But i would not recommend fitting it until map time.

So gather all the parts you need and then fit all together before the remap

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=37535.msg430282#msg430282 date=1365026525]
Vf22 would not be laggy at all after mapping.

But i would not recommend fitting it until map time.

So gather all the parts you need and then fit all together before the remap
[/quote]

Compared to the original td04 ?

Compared to the op question.

Wants more power from his car. Wants upgrade turbo. After mapping be no lag.

So putting vf22/very very laggy and mapping in same thread is not accurate imo.

Vf22 remember was standard factory turbo most jdm v3 wrx 2L engines. Even in a standard o.e car on standard boost is perfectly acceptable.

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=37535.msg430287#msg430287 date=1365027245]
Compared to the op question.

Wants more power from his car. Wants upgrade turbo. After mapping be no lag.

So putting vf22/very very laggy and mapping in same thread is not accurate imo.

Vf22 remember was standard factory turbo most jdm v3 wrx 2L engines. Even in a standard o.e car on standard boost is perfectly acceptable.
[/quote]

Learn something new everyday ,cheers

Thanks Dave and Baz for that help I reakon ill let the 22 on the bench for another bit til I sort mapping out and go for a a top mount STI. Having the power with extra lag and risking the engine aint worth the gain in the long run thanks.

Back