Recommend a Mapper

seanie

Ok, long story short I missed out on mapping session lately because my car wasn't ready in time.
So looking to get my car mapped, not looking for big power just want it reliable with the couple of mods I have.
It's a v5/6 sti on standard ecu, decat and air filter, walbro pump, 3 port not fitted will fit on the day.
Was on to jgm he wants 750 euro, thought that was a bit steep? Or am I wrong maybe I am underbudgeting?
Rang Couture auto said they can't map v5/6 and would need after market ecu.. Is that not rubbish? I thought the v5/6 ecu's were the only standard classic ones that can be mapped?

So basically can anyone recommend someone that can do it in the next month that will do a good job for reasonable price? Any traders?

Feel free to call or text me 0857302842

I was already on to him, I had budgeted 5-600 euro to have it mapped he wanted 750, just thought it was a bit steep. Maybe my price range isn't realistic?

Wouldn't be ready for tomorrow have a couple of hundred miles left to run in engine. Heading on holidays Friday so would be aiming for 2 weeks time or after.

[quote author=seanie link=topic=37526.msg430141#msg430141 date=1364991883]
I was already on to him, I had budgeted 5-600 euro to have it mapped he wanted 750, just thought it was a bit steep. Maybe my price range isn't realistic?

Wouldn't be ready for tomorrow have a couple of hundred miles left to run in engine. Heading on holidays Friday so would be aiming for 2 weeks time or after.
[/quote]

That is the price no point saying its too expensive.

The intial first map is expensive and includes a ecutek licence........... after that I think he charges 150 for any tweaks for , turbo / injector changes

I think you will just have to bite the bullet and get it done

You have another option- to buy the secondhand Ecutek ready licensed ECU for your v5/6 and then the price will go down as you don't have to pay for the licence.
That's what I've done anyway

You can also map the car via open source software as opossed to ecutek
And no licence fee
Not sure who does it over here or anything else about it :dontknow:

[quote author=Codders link=topic=37526.msg430149#msg430149 date=1364995758]
You have another option- to buy the secondhand Ecutek ready licensed ECU for your v5/6 and then the price will go down as you don't have to pay for the licence.
That's what I've done anyway
[/quote]
That's what I did I bought Gordon's old ecu from his gt series with licence on it but it still cost me 300 for Simon as the original map was not rite for my car
Was super happy with the end result from Simon money well spent for sure

Back