coolant/heating question

chriSTi

Petrolheads
Howdy..... does putting in 100% coolant affect the in car heating.. I've an awful musty kinda smell comin from the vents and its been only a few days since I flushed out the system, now on my old scooby I had a simlilar smell but it was when the rad under the dash was leaking and could see it spit out onto the passenger floor on acceleration, but I've checked for this and no leaks, heat seems to be ok too.
anyone else notice this .. @ keith , Didn't you put it in too? cheers :thumbsup:

Not sure what it is but my Sti gives off a smell alright especially after being driven hard.
Kinda clutch/break or burning/oily smell.
Comes from under bonnet but when at stand still comes thrugh into cabin.
Just installed catch can and serviced car so hope it sorts problem

Maybe a sausage fell down behind the rad when i cooked my last fry up

[quote author=Matt link=topic=4306.msg45571#msg45571 date=1194988528]
Not sure what it is but my Sti gives off a smell alright especially after being driven hard.
Kinda clutch/break or burning/oily smell.
Comes from under bonnet but when at stand still comes thrugh into cabin.
Just installed catch can and serviced car so hope it sorts problem
[/quote]no this is definitely heating related, nothin to do with driving hard.. it smells like steam off dodgy water if that makes any sense.

I know what you mean.
Not sure what it may be though. Stagnent water somewhere maybe a leak?

I had the same smell but after two weeks i found it to be me jocks just changed them and the jobs oxo :thumbsup:
Sorry yea i had the same smell it was a small pool of coolant that had lodged in the eigine took day's to burn it off
As i could not fit me hand in to mop it up, a good blast will dry it up.

hi chris ,power hose down your engine while keeping your engine running and stay away from your intercooler fins and that should sort it

Back