TO THE GARDAI IN THE HOUSE

briancollins

Octane Boostaholics
Hopefully someone can tell me if i'm good to go or not.... Wanna bring the sti to rally ireland but haven't got nct yet. The waiting list is nuts.
So can i bring it without the nct or would i be taking a risk??
I dont know the law of having nct or not so anyone got any idea??

thanks lads :thumbsup:

well I don't have an NCT either.. never got anything about it so rang them said I should have been sent a date so the next free date they have is week before xmas so I'm not gonna park the car up till then.. drive away as its not my fault I reckon anyway

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=4305.msg45569#msg45569 date=1194988418]
whats this "nct" i keep hearing about?
[/quote]

MOT to you Dag. Except we have a regime of money grabbing bureaucrats waiting to empty our pockets every couple of years.

got stopped at a check point last sat nite for not having an up to date nct, its up since the end of last of the month...showed the garda the letter i got saying that my test is 28th of this month, he told me that it wasnt good enough and then started looking around the car like he was looking for something else to pull me on...after ten mins he told me to get out of his sight and keep the noise down...what a langer :angry: :evil: have we any gardai on the site???

Hello Lads,

I do not think, not having an NCT at the WRC will be the Utmost of issues  :ponder:

If you are not driving around full of gargle, doing dough-nuts, causing offense to the general public etc, (you may not be top of their list of suspects / offenders.....  :ponder: )

In Wales a couple of years ago they done a few WRC competitors for speeding from one stage to the next (one WRC competitors got a 12 month ban  :shock :)  :wall:  :roll: :doh:  :roll:  :wall: )

I do not think our Gardai will be so anal or severe...... they will concentrate on the real issues..... such as Scumbags, robbers & joy riders  :thumbsup: )

Cheers,

Michael

[quote author=Paul v4 link=topic=4305.msg45592#msg45592 date=1194990381]
Dagnut is a Dub :D
[/quote]

My bad!

@ Johnny, I think there is one at least, STI Garda??

@ Michael, Maybe your right but problem is when confronted with a lawman, I freeze!! Not one to talk myself out of a sticky situation.

i have the car since feburary and haven't had any problem yet BUT i dont be drivin around much at night or anything. To and from work, thats mainly it.

[quote author=Michael Spec C link=topic=4305.msg45595#msg45595 date=1194990646]
I do not think our Gardai will be so anal or severe...... they will concentrate on the real issues..... such as Scumbags, robbers & joy riders :thumbsup: )

Cheers,

Michael
[/quote]

You have too much faith in the Gardai LOL LOL

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=4305.msg45600#msg45600 date=1194991061]
[quote author=Michael Spec C link=topic=4305.msg45595#msg45595 date=1194990646]
I do not think our Gardai will be so anal or severe...... they will concentrate on the real issues..... such as Scumbags, robbers & joy riders :thumbsup: )

Cheers,

Michael
[/quote]

You have too much faith in the Gardai LOL LOL
[/quote]

Hello Andy,

As above, they really have some bigger issues to contend with.....  :thumbsup:

If they are only worried about NCT's etc, they will be really missing ALOT  :doh:

Cheers,

Michael

as far as i know the nct is not legally required anymore ie you don't need it to tax your car anymore the gardai around my place never seem to look for it anyway i was driving an car for the last couple of months with no nct displayed it was in the glove box but not displayed went through lots of check points never a question asked about it :dunno:

but the point is the cops will be so busy with everything else, anyways if ya keep to the limit (which ya would be mad not ta) the cops cant really set up a check point :dunno:

on another angle and god forbid ya dont but if ya have a tip id be fairly sure your insurance company would tell ya take a hike :dunno:

:thumbsup:

It all depends on the garda who stops you. Some of them don't care about the nct and only do ya for that if there is other stuff too... AFAIK they can't take the car from ya for no NCT but just summons ya to court. Most normal Gardai will just tell ya to get it sorted but the Traffic Corps that will screw ya for it. :angry:
I had no NCT for a long while but I start to use the car a lot more so I got one to save any hassle. Passed first time even with all the mods!! :headbanger:

well lad, NCT expired, hmmmm wats your reg again????????? :D im sure you'll be ok
they wont really be doin much considerin the traffic an all, let me know cause
the auld vrt on my own is ehhhhhhh on the way :subaru:
enjoy the weekend

sti garda :headbanger:

Back