New tyres needed, what to do?

eliroche

Got a blow out yesterday, just in the housing estate at 20kph thankfully.
I have the NCT in 3 weeks and knew I needed tyres anyway.
I need 4, 225/40/R18, fitted. I have 2 options, buy 4 partworns, high quality brands, or buy 4 new, the absolute most I could stretch too is a deal being offered by pro-parts at the moment on 4 kuhmo's at €99 each.
The car covers very little mileage and maybe permitted to a trackday this year, so do I spring the extra probably €200 for new or go partworns?
Any opinions welcome, will be gettin sorted Saturday morning at the latest.
Also need 4 wheel laser alignment if anyone has a recommendation!

I had 4 of those kumho's on my legacy and found them to be very good and that deal in pro-parts is very good

go for the kumho's for 99 good value . but theres nothing wrong with good brand part worn tyres either :thumbsup:

bought part worn tyres a few years back , got re050's for 200 , plenty of life left in them and still on the original wheels , great deal when i was on a tighter budget ,

For 4 partworn on a BMW we have here they looked savage loads of meat on them
Came out the morning I had 3 flat tyres
Pressure tested me b0ll0x 3 rips on inside tyre walls
Went back out (Tyreland) finglas they put 4 used on again driving home was getting a hop in the steering bubble the size of me fist on inner wall.
Went back out got 4 new kumo and not a bother

Have gotten partworns before for her focus and got 2 for the legacy before, used a lad in walkinstown and found him and the tyres good. Will to probably set me back €200-220, kind of edging towards the new Kuhmo's though for €400...

Who do you use in walkinstown

Have nct next Friday and might need to pay a visit

:smokin:

A chap just off the walkinstown roundabout, opposite shopping centre, (tesco or superquinn?)
If coming from ballymount take a left at roundabout and is on left across from the shopping centre.

I have a set of 225 /40 18 but 3 of them are Dunlop sp sport 9000 with 4mm thead and one fairly new buget tyre, you can have them for €150

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=37501.msg429905#msg429905 date=1364856515]
Thanks for the offer but gonna get 4 of the same tyres.
[/quote]

ok

4 falken fk453 from camskill are 440 euro delivered
Lots off other brands there too for good money
I had the fk452 on wich I assume is the last version off the same tyre
Found them the best tyre I had out off all the tyres I've fitted to the car
If I was buying again that would be my pick for value and handling

Got 2 continentals off that lad across from Superquinn looked good off the car once they went on and pumped up they were cracked to bits

had kumhos aswell seem to last

camskill , unless proparts are competitive imo

Well proparts are doing the Kumho's for €400 supply and fitted, have used camskills before but still need to be fitted. Also need alignment done, it all adds up!!!

How much is 4 wheel aligemt these days? Rang a fella in coolmine industrial estate and its €60 for 3d live imaging alignment or something like that he said, apparently laser alignment is old school now!!

A lot of places are doing it free now when you are fitting tyres as a way of enticing your business to them.

Back