clay bar

Dagnut

Octane Boostaholics
Lads I've never used a clay bar, but the car was parked under a tree at the last place and it needs it badly...questions will it need a machine polish after? does it create minor scratches? I've no access to an orbital polisher

Use plenty of lubricant (quick detailer) and it wont marr or create any scratches. The clay bar should be running smoothly over the surface with virtually no friction. Only do a small area at a time otherwise the qd wil dry and be useless. Does not require much downward pressure, just enough to be able to hold the clay on the side of the door.

Only use a little bit of the bar at a time, tear a piece off each time and fold it in on itself every half panel or so. You will be able to judge this by the amount of pickup on the clay. Put in warm water before use to soften it also.

Make sure that the car is thoroughly washed before you start and best to detar as well for best results.

Most important rule, if it hits the ground, then bin it and start with a new piece.

No, definitely not. Just make sure to use plenty of lube to keep it sliding easy.

I would use a hand polish like autoglym super resin followed by a decent wax. Srp and a wax should run you 20-25 quid. 2 applicators to apply and a microfibre towel to buff off would be less than a tenner. That will really make the most of the car byhand after the clay bar.

if you leave the pieces of clay bar in a cup of hot water, and rotate as you are using makes it easier to use, def won't need machine polish after, leaves it nice to hand polish after :scoobyblueisdc:

Back