O2 sensor wiring

seanie

anyone know the colour coding for 3 wire oxygen sensor on v5/6? Is black with white tracer the signal? If I am correct with wiring then I need help as sensor is giving practically zero volts back. It's new sensor so could it be running mad rich? No fault codes. Any help appreciated

fitted new o2 sensor still same problem.

on the diagnostics the sensor is reading rich all the time even before start up where it should be reading lean as it is just in pure air. when i unplug the sensor it comes up lean on the diagnostics.
presumably the diagnostics should be showing rich lean rich lean....

i have sensor black wire (signal) connected to back wire with white tracer on car and orientation of other 2 wires ( heater) dont matter as far as i know.

Anyone have a clue what the problem might be?

with multimeter output of sensor is practically 0v all the time??? :imlost:

It's a spurious sensor you're using I'm guessing?

Put it in the bin or try get a refund and buy a genuine one and save yourself all this Bollox!

Too many lads to mention have tried the spurious sensor route to all give up and get a genuine!

there was a fairly new looking genuine one in it and ya replaced with spurious both gave exact same problem.
i know the spurious ones are sh*t but i presumed you'd get some output from it.
anyone got genuine one for sale?

car seems to be running perfect otherwise but cant be if o2 sensor is not functioning correctly.

[quote author=seanie link=topic=37390.msg429851#msg429851 date=1364833788]
car seems to be running perfect otherwise but cant be if o2 sensor is not functioning correctly.
[/quote]

O2 sensor only effect fueling at idle and light throttle not wide open so the car will run ok but will be bad on fuel

How did you go about testing the sensor? Did u bring it up to temp to get signal? Bench testing or in car?

ya, had it running for awhile until good and hot and then measured voltage between signal wire and ground, was getting 0-100mv approximately, basically nothing, reading is the same when car is running or not. also diagnostics was showing 0V output

Back