6x9s into a blob wrx?

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
Alright lads lookin fr sm advice on above had a set of 6x9z in a hatch back sold that car now and wonder is there any way to fit em into my wrx that would be a neat install?
On previous car got sm ply wood cut out holes ect ....

loads of room in the boot :falldownlaugh:

should fit on the shelf behind the headrests but you will need to cut for them and run extra wires , dont need big speakers in a scooby , thats why ya buy an exhaust system

Good lad tommy always on the ball,

yea i know its all bout the rumble but those sh#\'y back speakers gotta go.

ill have a look at that back shelf again but dnt wanta hack it up.

Re a previous post i decided against gettin more parts for scoob before map
a mate or a mate is a nct tester says they are bringing in rules very soon fr nct any non standard parts is a Failure and they will be paying esp attention to missing parts ie uppipe cat rear silancers ect..

not shur how they will inforce it but just so u know..

if they have there way we will be all drivin bloody nissan leafs in the future ha

Later

Ciaran.

had heard that all right , will see how i get on in 2 weeks , have my sports cat in now and its still within the allowable limit as i checked it on a mates emissions tester , not a massive job to swap over but would be a pain to put back to standard ,

know what your saying about hacking up the rear shelf , probably be as well replacing the door speakers all around ,

I think ull be fine the way he as talkin its in the final stages of being passed out to the nct centers he recons be a few mths before it happens.

im going to call your recomdation joe bout map :scoobyblueisdc:

personaly im just going to map as is prob get a walbro pump too shur it cant hurt maximise what the car has think wheeler dealer had a blob 218 stock and after reflash and new back box and air filter got 247 ish id be happy with that what u recon..

Ps tommy any num for joe power or where is he based ill look him up on net..

Cheers

bet me to it colm ,

say you should get good results with Joe , just a pity he doesnt do racerom or id surely have went with him ,

Better off changing door speakers.

Put 6x9 in last car and was a nightmare. Can't remember if I took out rear shelf but know trying to get brake light back in place was nearly the death of me

:smokin:

Everything is custom mapped with joe!
He has no "generic" maps like a lot of the other "tdi tuners" I call them!

I think not having them on his list is to do with there being too many variables to say car x will get x figure of a gain!

I think he's a member here so I'll text him and ask him to reply himself if you like!

there is nothing wrong with a mapper having a portfolio of previous maps it saves time as most cars are similar and the map can be installed and then tweeked to suit a cars character the reason joe doesnt do that is because he is as you say tdi tuner thats what he does he is new to scoobies not saying he is bad at what he does but you cant really knock experienced mappers like the uk boys {who have vast experience in scooby tuning} for using base maps that they have built up over the years when andy forrest mapped mine 5 years ago he installed a base map based on the mods i had done and then tweeked it for my car i have never had any issues

Joe would in my opinion not be, as I said, a "tdi tuner"!
Most of these have a generic map to install with no clue of what to change or how to change things to tweak from that point!

I think he needs to reply himself now tho!

im not sayin anything about joe being bad at it or anything like that but it sounds like you are dismissing very well established tuners who have years and years of experience just because they use base maps that they have on their laptops .the reason they have them is because they have so much experience. they both get the same end result just have different ways of getting to it

[quote author=smokey wrx link=topic=37354.msg428270#msg428270 date=1363732013]
Everything is custom mapped with joe!
He has no "generic" maps like a lot of the other "tdi tuners" I call them!

I think not having them on his list is to do with there being too many variables to say car x will get x figure of a gain!

I think he's a member here so I'll text him and ask him to reply himself if you like!
[/quote]

Thanks Smokey ,that would be useful as it might put lads in the picture. I wasn't stirring or anything just curious why they weren't listed. :subaru:

Back