wrx bug clutch

scoobygrid

Sunday Drivers
as above!! wondering where to get my clutch replaced, and what clutch to go with! in munster,

and what kinda money am i lookin at all in,

is it a job i could do myself, have a lift and pretty handy with the spanners,

any advice appreciated, just standard clutch will do me, (not one for doggin it! )

I just got my clutch replaced two weeks ago on my 02 wrx. I an excedy clutch off SC86 for 260 delivered (next day delivery) and a friend of mine fitted it for another 250, so it cost me 510 all in.

Andy

you have a lift so its makes it very handy give it a go yourself not much to it being honest i done mine on Axel stands in the garage :thumbsup:worst case you'll have it done in the day :thumbsup:

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=37302.msg427339#msg427339 date=1363115834]
you have a lift so its makes it very handy give it a go yourself not much to it being honest i done mine on Axel stands in the garage :thumbsup:worst case you'll have it done in the day :thumbsup:
[/quote]

ya, wreckon i could do it, have done clutches before but not on a 4wd think ill have a crack at it, would ya mind givin me a rough list of what rippin has to be done, just a rough idea! :thumbsup: also, is there any real need to skim the flywheel??

personally id always go for an uprated clutch... i went off putting oem clutches into cars. they just arent worth the money. an exedy pink box clutch is cheaper than an oem spec one... plus it leaves option open for the future, powerwise. as dave said, skim the flywheel or it will chew your new clutch. plus reduce judder.
id go for camskill (cheapest atm) or scoobyworld

€540 Subaru original
€ 350 exedy

Hopefully have mine back Friday. Been gone nearly a week now and driveway looks lonely.
Kids think I sold it. Daughter seen photos of rs from game on phone and told her it was my new car. Dosent want it wants Scooby back

:smokin:

[quote author=Neelie link=topic=37302.msg428199#msg428199 date=1363721403]
personally id always go for an uprated clutch... i went off putting oem clutches into cars. they just arent worth the money. an exedy pink box clutch is cheaper than an oem spec one... plus it leaves option open for the future, powerwise. as dave said, skim the flywheel or it will chew your new clutch. plus reduce judder.
id go for camskill (cheapest atm) or scoobyworld
[/quote]

ya, exeddy seems to be the way to go! has it the same feel as oem tho, have driven cars with upgraded clutchs before and ud have a leg like a treetrunk from drivin em in traffic!! I see ur from clare aswel, who would u trust to do the job from da area well and at reasonable price?? cheers!

[quote author=CARLO link=topic=37302.msg428295#msg428295 date=1363739477]
€540 Subaru original
€ 350 exedy

Hopefully have mine back Friday. Been gone nearly a week now and driveway looks lonely.
Kids think I sold it. Daughter seen photos of rs from game on phone and told her it was my new car. Dosent want it wants Scooby back

:smokin:
[/quote]

know wot ya mean, was without mine for couple o months doin it up, was frothin at the mouth to get it back on the road! :shock2:

as above i agree with dave ,i have an oem exedy in mine and its 262bhp and driven hard never any issues

[quote author=scoobygrid link=topic=37302.msg428321#msg428321 date=1363791683]
ya, exeddy seems to be the way to go! has it the same feel as oem tho, have driven cars with upgraded clutchs before and ud have a leg like a treetrunk from drivin em in traffic!!

I see ur from clare aswel, who would u trust to do the job from da area well and at reasonable price?? cheers!
[/quote]

uummm i had a few and the only clutch that was heavier (im only a wee girl tho) was a stage 2 upwards.
stage 1 or paddle didnt make much of a difference to be fair. if i can handle it, so can you haha.

tbh, no one lol. i'm going to bring it up to dublin for the job.
the only professional mechanic (ex subaru rally head) i would have trusted with my subaru has left for sweden a year ago lol

hah, im sure ill be ok, da car i was drivin was my mates s15 and twas a pig of a clutch, stood up to lots of abuse tho :icon_grin: ya, was thinkin der isnt 2 many trustworthy mechanics around, ill end up goin at it myself id say it'll be slower but ill know its done right, have a friend who'll skim flywheel for me aswel, :icon_grin:

^^^^ oh no way, who do you use? i use a chap in quin industrial estate, beside prestige auto body shop. he's lovely and a genius!

i kinda do most stuff myself, have done clutches before, but never on 4wd! same sh*t differant shovel tho i suppose :icon_grin: i have use of lift anytime i want aswel, so that should make it easy enuff! anythin very technical id go to drd in galway, knows everythin about everythin and sound out, little pricy tho!

are you in Clare too ?

I've changed the clutches in both my last 2 scoobies.
If you get stuck give me a shout and I could call to you, or if you wanted someone to go through with what you need to take off.
I've a shaft turned down that you can use for lining up the clutch disc while you squeezing up the pressure plate. more than welcome to take a loan off if you like.
I'm in clarecastle.

mack

Back