nct help

lukeewrx

Middle Lane Hogs
hi lads car failed on high lambda reading ive changed the lambda sensor and had a emmissions test done today and still reading at 1.12 any ideas
Scan0003.jpg

[quote author=lukeewrx link=topic=37289.msg427187#msg427187 date=1363031608]
i changed the lambda sensor today mate and still getting the same readings ?
[/quote]

What type of sensor did you use and was it new or 2nd hand?

so its your fault i have to wait 7 weeks to get a date for the nct , thats 2 goes you've had lol

i have it booked in for re test thursday tommy lol but just need to get this sorted where do u bring your car as every place i seem to go to the dont like working on scoobys ive checked for air leaks cant find anything would a aftermarket ebay special dump valve cause this

[quote author=lukeewrx link=topic=37289.msg427198#msg427198 date=1363034651]
i have it booked in for re test thursday tommy lol but just need to get this sorted where do u bring your car as every place i seem to go to the dont like working on scoobys ive checked for air leaks cant find anything would a aftermarket ebay special dump valve cause this
[/quote]

yes it can if too soft of a spring on it.

will try standard one back on it then and fingers crossed would the ecu need resetting due to new sensor fitted ?

[quote author=lukeewrx link=topic=37289.msg427201#msg427201 date=1363035120]
will try standard one back on it then and fingers crossed would the ecu need resetting due to new sensor fitted ?
[/quote]

Really you should be fitting a genuine sensor not a universal 4 wire,you dont need to reset I dont think but would do no harm.

i thought as much but bloke in motor factors said it worked the same ? just disconnect battery for half hour to reset mate ?

[quote author=lukeewrx link=topic=37289.msg427207#msg427207 date=1363036411]
i thought as much but bloke in motor factors said it worked the same ? just disconnect battery for half hour to reset mate ?

[/quote]

not on a new age

where the best place to get one new or anyone got one i could borrow as ive got retest thursday afternoon ?

had a mechanic do it mate so i can only assume gonna refit standard dump valve tomorrow and have another look for any air leaks and the wiring on the sensor and rest ecu is it worth me buying a bottle of dipetine before i put it in for retest thursday

I'd be asking the robbers when threats calibrated there machines and have they cert for it
How comes seems every second Subaru that goes in seems to fail on emissions
I brought a poxy 99 corsa in for a lad lately passed emissions back box was rotten on it failed only on that just had to patch up box your man looked under gave out cert
Go figure that one out

Back