Mods before remap..

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
Hey Lads lookin for a bit of advice for a nubie :subaru:,

Ive got a blob eye Irish wrx its got a dump valve cosworh panel filter and Afterburner back box.

I heard that that irish wrxs generally put out 200 bhp at the flywheel not the 225 bhp there are rated at is this right..

also the remap will bring bout 240bhp and that a uprated fuel pump is the way to go but if i delete a cat i could see 260 ish bhp after remap.

Main question is the wrx has 3 cats i think can i delete one of them and if so will it go through a nct i dont want to have to go putting cats back on for the test..if it can which one is the best to delete ..
or is there another mod i could do to give the remap a bit more bhp gain...any benfit in fitting the cat back section to my exhaust..

Cheers for the advice again in advance..

You can remove the 3rd cat and you wont need to change exhaust for nct,that would be the last cat before your b/box,but removing it wont give you as much of a gain,as if you remove the downpipe and the center section one.... :thumbsup:
Hope that makes sense...

Cheers

Makes perfect sence alright do u recomend just replacing 3rd cat with a section of pipe is it worth getting a Afterburner Centre Section deresonated too or is that a waste of mula..

is there not a cat in the up pipe on the wrx ? replace the wrx up-pipe with an sti one (no cat in sti one iirc) sports cat down pipe and deresonated centre section and the jobs a good un , as said above do it properly ,

Yea think there 3 of the bloody things in the wrx one in the mid pipe one in the down pipe and up pipe thing is.

i got the Afterburner back box on scooby world but the next section to replace is center section that has the silencer but theres no afterburner midpipe section this is the bit that has the 3rd cat in it u were sayin i could replace and still stay nct friendly what u recon..
if replace the uppipe with a decat will it fail a nct..

Taking the cats out is where you will make the power, its all down to making the best of your mapping session and getting the most for your money..
If you look around for 2nd hand exhaust systems it will save you a lot of money compared to buying from Scoobyworld.
Changing the downpipe if you go decat is not that big of a deal, more a pain in the arse.. Get new studs and nuts and replace them, a bit of copper grease wont do any harm either and you shouldnt have any trouble when it comes to swap over

when bought my wagon it was completely standard i ran it on coutures dyno and it made 205bhp so i knew where i was starting from ,i did some research on it and decided a full decat exhaust was the way to go so i bought a hks down pipe ,blitz nur spec,walbro pump ,pipercross induction kit ,blitz dump valve. i removed the upipe and after researching u.s sites found out that the wrx works best with its original uppipe and not after market or sti as they are to big in diameter and effect the spool up on the td04 thats fitted to the wrx so i opened the uppipe with a grinder and removed the cat core from inside it and then rewelded the pipe back refitted it along with all other parts .then i booked it in with andy forrest for an ecutek remap for 95 octane with dual boost .when he had finished it the difference was amazing so back up to couture for a dyno run 262bhp and it is on full boost at 2600 rpm that leaves it very driveable and on boost alot earlier than most cars .these mods on your car should see similar gains and i promise you it will make a huge difference .also dont be listening to anyone tellin you to map for e5 or booster it makes f all difference and saves a lot of messin lookin for fuel stations and having bottles of booster with you when you fill up .
thats just my 2 cents on it man :thumbsup:

Cheers lads lots of new stuff in this for me

Sounds like he right job dec some good advice there lots done to your wagon seriously nice car

only thing is i dnt want to have to change anything at nct time i just wanta put sm more parts on to make better use of my remap i heard that its worth deleting the cat in up pipe alright as it can break up and f ur turbo not nice.

so im thinkin of afterburner center section and afterburner up pipe for mine what u recon might give the re map a better result also seems worth getting the uprated fuel pump too..

is anti lag or launch control worth it on the remap..

does the center section make more power de resonated im not bothered bout it being louder its about as loud as my neibours can handle now ha

if there no performance gain its a waste of mula yea...

Back