fixthemnow.com

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
While browsing this "thing" keeps closing my open Firefox tabs and just leaves a message from fixthemnow.com saying your computer may be infected we will scan your hard drive and fix any errors. If I Cancel/Close the window I just keep getting redirected to FixThemNow.com

How do I get rid of this?

I have run AVG, CCleaner, AVAST, and Ad-Aware and it still happens.

There is now set time that this happens. I could be browsing for ages then next thing my Firefox tabs close and that stupid message comes up.

Help?

i had something like that a while ago, AVG sorted it out for me, try 'super anti-spyware' , theres a thing in the settings for it called 'home page protect' or something, that might sort it, other that super anti-spyware is quite good and might sort out the problem, but it must be bad if AVG didn't sort it.

Happened to mine as well. Just have AVG now like Norris and it does the job

kaspersky.com download 1 month free trail..it is by far the best solution out there and i have used them all i do this for a living..avg is ok but i ran kaspersky on a machine the other day that had avg and it 4 found 4 spyware items that avg missed..its only 64 euro for 2 years as well...easy to use aswell..i couldnt recommend it more

Super Antispyware didnt detect anything.

Will the free trial of Kaspersky remove things or just tell you you have spyware?

and can you just get rid of it off the hard drive after 30 days? Sorry, Im a bit cautious when it comes to 30 day internet trials.

Try windows live one care... it sorted me out with only one scan even tho I use Nortons.. its in explorer click on PC HEALTH top of page, hope it works

Bring up Task Manager, an end any processes that has "fixthemnow" in there name. then do a simple search for files called "fixthemnow" and delete anything it finds.

[quote author=Hijpo link=topic=4274.msg45275#msg45275 date=1194717438]
Bring up Task Manager, an end any processes that has "fixthemnow" in there name. then do a simple search for files called "fixthemnow" and delete anything it finds.
[/quote]

thats the first thing I tried before posting. Nothing listed that looks like fixthemnow.

[quote author=Hijpo link=topic=4274.msg45275#msg45275 date=1194717438]
[/quote]

that wont work it will have written itself to the registry..and you dont wont to start deleting registry keys if you dont know what your doing.
kaspersky is puker dont worry about it you can uninstall it after 1 day if you like..i would recommend buying it but ya cant go wrong for 2 years at 64 euro..nortons is 50 euros for 1 year and its rubbish..eats resources and cant find sh!t..it just became some kind of standard as it use to ship with dell and hp..both have dropped it now for McAffes which is now rubbish because being the most popular software writers no its methods and thus can program to avoid it.
Kasperky has a great feature which shows you all the executables on your system(outside of the os ) and you decide which ones it runs if you like so even if a new undetecable virus comes along it wont be able to execute without you permission..

Im downlanding Kaspersky now. I ran CCleaner which is a registry cleaner. Im not sure if it got it or not. The pop up hasnt happened now in a few hours.

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=4274.msg45278#msg45278 date=1194718392]
that wont work it will have written itself to the registry..and you dont wont to start deleting registry keys if you dont know what your doing.[/quote]

Good point heh

You could always google for a removal tool for it

OK

I ran...

AVG,
AVAST,
Windows Defender,
SUPER Antispyware,
KasperSky Antispyware,
CCleaner,
Ad-Aware,
Hijackthis

I think its gone now as it hasnt popped up in good while

ya, i thought that with the last thing i had like that, after a while it came back stronger than ever, the b*****ds are sneaky

and my PC hasnt been right since. i think im just going to get a mac book and burn the desktop

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=4274.msg45345#msg45345 date=1194800284]
Andy just reboot your pc from a day or 2 before u got the virus.
[/quote]

doesn't work as it will have written to the registry

It worked with my dads laptop when he got Ultimate virus thing doing the same thing. I just reinstalled the laptop from a few days before he got it.

Back