Re-threading compressor housing threads

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Seems like i messed up one of the threads on the compressor housing of my turbo when i was un-clocking it when i fitted the fmic. so now i cant tighten that bolt in at all so im thinking that might be the cause of this whistle im getting now on full boost since the fmic went on:

http://youtu.be/6Vl2i5zJCGA

Is it possible to remove the compressor housing and get these threads fixed or would i need to take the whole turbo out?Is there any seals or gaskets you would need to replace if you did this?

Im guessing its a helicoil kit i would need to buy to do it myself but how would you know what size you need? Its a short 8mm bolt that is the offender

Is it an m8 thread or an 8mm head on the bolt?
If its an m8 then you will have to tap it a size bigger and put in the helicoil. Or if possible you could try taping the aluminium again in the same size if not badly damaged or tap a size bigger and get bolts to suit.
The compressor housing will come off but it might not be easy to get off

Its an 8mm head on the bolt not sure on size yet it might only be a m3 or m4 thread its pretty small

Probably m6 I would think, if you just look up say m6 heli coil kit on eBay you will get kits that have everything, helicoils, drill bit, tap, and heli coil tool..
Think rolson do cheap sets

Back