terrible knocking noise whilst driving.?

Smurf

Middle Lane Hogs
Lads,

dont know if you can help me here..? hopefully you can... :pray: :pray:

i have a 99 b4 legacy and theres a terrible knocking noise comin from front and back when i'm driving, wether its a flat surface or bumpy, its always there..?? is this the drop links that need to be replaced..?

also, how often would you do an engine/diff/gearbox oil change on these cars..?

all help greatly appreciated...

thanks again

papa smurf.......

:subaru:

Smurf need a little more info !!

Dose the noise get louder on acceleration , dose it get worse when turning ??
Is it a click, click or clunk ,clunk............or maybe more of a whine ??

Not sure about Legacy's (oil change) no doubt some of the other lads
can help you there.

Anyway i think it sounds more like a ball joint ......very hard to say with out
actually sitting in the car :dunno:

Niall.

howaye nialler,

eh its kinda more a clunk/rattly noise thats there whatever speed you go, the ou'll fella thinks it might be bushings..? ye know those wide speed ramps that have the red print on them that looks like little bricks..? well when i drive over them, holy sh*t the noise is unreal..??! i'm kinda think a beraing or bushing, you may be right..??i have tein coilovers on it and its very stiff so i hear feckin everything..!!

Well it's not the diff :D get's worse on hard acceleration or some one sitting in the back etc !!
and to be honest i need to replace my front ball joint's which always sound worse when in a tight
turning circle or driving slow.

So that would possibly indicate beraing's/bushing's !!!!

Hope this helps

Niall.

the only think to do is get under (axel stands or pit) and have a good pull at everything. If its at all speeds and isnt worse turning it would seem its not a drive issue maybe there is a bike or a shopping trolly stuck underneath :D

I had similar with my last car 99 v5 sti was a knocking and cracking noise and if i was goin easy or turning slowly it would knock and the rear (left) mainly of the car would kinda drop every now and again, droped it to carroll and roache they put a new wheel bearing and replaced the droplinks and she never made a peep after that sorted :thumbsup:, i've also had a problem with the spec c it turned out to be the rear shocks got it sorted with Ian today in Claine took the shocks out and greased them up everythings A-OK now :)

Back