97 uk spec wrx advice needed

roakesti

Sunday Drivers
Hey guys. I finally moved away from Honda and come back to Subaru by getting myself a 97 uk wrx. There are just a few things I need to ask cos there sumthing wrong.

1st thing is when I put my foot down the car will pull away then it will stutter/lose power for a sec then pull away again. Any ideas was told it could be wrong plugs.

2nd thing is I want to up power a bit. It has a hks full exhaust from turbo down, just want to know Wat else would up power at a decent price. Upgrading turbo, changing to front mount. Any help appriciated.

Cheers guys. Nice to be back.

Welcome back to Subaru!!

Could be a faulty ht lead!!

Best way to get more power is a re-map... Has this been done with turbo back exhaust? No need for front mount unless going for 380-400 plus.

Sti top mount would be a good mod on Wrx... Along with vf28 and the afformentioned remap!!

Can I remap without the apexi controller, I thought I needed sum type of remap tool.
If I get the top mount, the vf28, and the hks exhaust system is in Wat kinda gains would I expect

Not sure about a 97 car.. The later classics such as V5/6 are remappable with Ecutek but I tnk the earlier cars may not be. Someone will be along I'm sure to confirm that.

If you can remap it... Those sort of mods such see 260-270... But you'd need a better fuel pump and possibly injectors too.

Back