Cutting out!

Stevie

Sunday Drivers
Well lads

Im having a slight issue with my car (05 WRX Sti) and im wondering if it has happened to anyone else.

Every now and then when down shifting. The head lights dim and on the very rare occasion the car completly cuts out when you clutch in (all dash lights appear and loss of powersteering) and obviously jumps itself agin when you release the clutch.

Anyone any thoughts?

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=37085.msg425133#msg425133 date=1361532486]
What car is it?
[/quote] :doh: 05 WRX STi

That's usually a sign the maf sensor is on the way out but usually it's only on earlier cars like the classic.

Do you have the standard air box or are you running a cone filter

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=37085.msg425136#msg425136 date=1361533602]
That's usually a sign the maf sensor is on the way out but usually it's only on earlier cars like the classic.

Do you have the standard air box or are you running a cone filter
[/quote]

The car is 100% standard!

Check battery connections are tight an also check the power cable to the alternator, it's abit of a strange one but could be your maf sensor.

Is it happening when coming to a stop just after you dip the clutch? Like revs will die or drop very low?

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=37085.msg425139#msg425139 date=1361534280]
Check battery connections are tight an also check the power cable to the alternator, it's abit of a strange one but could be your maf sensor.

Is it happening when coming to a stop just after you dip the clutch? Like revs will die or drop very low?
[/quote]

Ya its doing that the odd time! Ill check all connections there later! If that dosent sort it ill try and get a loan of another maf sensor!

Thanks for that DUFFMAN :thumbsup:

this started to happen on my brothers blob awhile back, when gearing down to stop at traffic lights etc the car would cut out,
it turned out the idle needed to be adjusted slightly....didnt happen again after that.....

what kind of dump valve is on it. My old wrx used do the same when the dump valve used stick, a bit of a clean and away she went :thumbsup:

[quote author=mack link=topic=37085.msg425209#msg425209 date=1361564720]
what kind of dump valve is on it. My old wrx used do the same when the dump valve used stick, a bit of a clean and away she went :thumbsup:
[/quote]
HKS ssqv

Just got another MAF sensor will try this later and will work through other peoples opinions if it dont sort my problem! Will keep ye up to date! :thumbsup:

hi
im just wondering how you got on with this problem on your 05 wrx sti? I have 01 bug eye starting the same problem now.
Thanks

Back