Help in getting my 76' Subaru 1600 titled/Shipped to Dublin

Legacy RallyGuy

Sunday Drivers
I figured this would be the best place to post this...

I bought my from this guy before moving to Dublin... And I'd like to bring it to Ireland... It's in fairly rough shape, defo project car status.

Is there a way I can just import the shell as a doner for a project *Like swapping everything from the floorboards down out of a later model impreza...? I have a legal bill of sale for the thing, but no title as of yet to import it as a vehicle, unless I've misunderstood things...

*Some U.S. states are just fine with a Bill of sale xfer, some are not... From what I read, to import the car, "one must possess the paperwork required in home country to prove their ownership."

Would this bill of sale be good enough for importation, since it's an old ass car?

I'm wondering if someone could help me title my 1976 Subaru 1600.
*Only legal method please *

I want to be able to ship it to Ireland... *One day, preferably with most bodywork completed.*

I have a bill of sale from prior owner of over 30 years in MO, He lost the title a long time ago and tried to get it titled through California with me in 2011, but due to it only being last titled in 1982-ish, they said they cannot re-issue a title for something they dont have records from the last 20 years of retention... It basically falls off the books and back then it was literally books or microfische. *See build my thread for details*. Anywho, yup, I need help from fellow Subaru-loving-people.

Any title acquisition companies in Ireland?

And what's handy is that I've owned it for almost a year prior to moving here, so I'll not have to pay import tax, due to me having the Transfer Of Residence status on my things being shipped... one day, when I've saved up enough to ship em.. :p

Could try someone like IPS or another freight company.

They should be able to arrange door to door collection.

Don't know how you will be fixed with no log book ?

Would imagine it will be expensive.

:smokin:

From what i can make from what you have written.
You need to sort out the paperwork on the U.S side, basically you have a car and no log book. There is nothing that can be done from here, or that a Company here will sort out.
You will have to get the paperwork for the car in the States, if it cant be got over there, then thats the nail in the coffin as far as i would be concerned.

Thank you for all the advice! Yeah, without it being "legal" in it's point of origin, I knew it was pointless. :p

I've contacted two people over the title... One is a title-attorney and one is a highway patrol inspector... Both are do-able, but price varies from $125 and lots of effort and one is $450 and an attorney does all the footwork...

Once that's settled, I then will look into selling it OR shipping.. :p as then both become options.

Back