Power steering belt slip on newage?

eliroche

Just happened this evening, power steering belt is slipping a bit, when sitting still, wheel is jerking And squeeking sound coming from belt, how handy is it to tighten the pulley? And how do I do it?!!! An 04 type UK impreza?
Cheers,
Eli.

Cheers Dave, just got a chance to look there, as you suggested the belt is frayed, won't be driving car for a week or so anyway, is replacing it a DIY job?

Thanks Dave, she is due a trip down to ya anyway but I may replace the belt in the meantime!

Cheers Baz, had a look on YouTube!! Be handy job alright, will ring C&R tomorrow to get new belt and change it when I get time.

same thing happening me 04 wrx, belt was sqeeling when i got it but only on a damp morning, i have changed the belt but now about 4 months after changing it is now jerking when steering and some noise but not all the time, is it belt to tight ? to loose? any help cheers lads

Probably just a bit loose, check the tension on it, can be tightened, did you change the aircon belt as well when you did the power steering belt?

yep , changed the 2 belts, must give it a wee tighten tomorrow hopefully do the job :thumbsup:

Back