dutch

Petrolheads
Had a mechanic run a diagnostic on a 2001 wrx im thinking of buying and thats the code he came back with 1088. Googled it and its a fuel temp poblem :shock2: There was a piece of black tape covering the engine light. Alarm bells!. Where or what is a fuel temp sensor.

It means stay well clear of that car and look elsewhere!!! Seriously though, plenty of clean cars out there for good money without takin one on with problems

PROBLEM: CEL P1088 Tumble Generator Valve (RH) Postion Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

Dunno where your mechanic got fuel temp?

tgv issues are common.

if its a nice car everywhere else and can get extra discount to repair tgv fault then no big deal.

I wouldn't be to worried by the fault, I'd be more worried that the seller put tape over the CEL light,

If he had of just told you fair enough but what else is he hiding, id walk away just for that.

as above man what else is he trying to cover up,walk away it's a buyers market and there's plenty of them on dungdeal

lads i rekon my friend is after buying this car... he rang me today and he was saying how the tape was over the cel light....

what exactly is involved in fixing the problem... he paid 2200 for it and the guy he bought it off has his phone off now..

i wouldnt worry too much lad its only a sensor on the inlet manifold i had to replace one on mine a while ago get one second hand and stick it on to it clear the code and away ya go again

ah ok.... i told him bout the thread on here and he said someone told him it was engine out time... so he asked me to ask here....

thanks dec :thumbsup:

Back