TIMING BELT CHANGE

DAVEB4

Sunday Drivers
hi guys when should the timing belt be done iv a legacy the full engine re build was last april last owner says he has 3000km done then im new owner with only a couple of hundered so better to be safe than sorry i reckon

DAVEB4 :ponder2:

Surely the belt was changed as part of the build? false economy putting a 2nd hand belt on a fresh engine Dave

I'd change it every 50k miles. But as Baz said, it should surely have been changed when the build was done. Any idea who did the build? Or did he give you a receipt which would have the belt listed on it?

yes i totally agree im sure it was done but i need to find out 100% for sure just to put my mind at rest it was done by dave @ sti tuning & he sent me all pics & info of rebuild but didnt mention T belt but now that you mention it im sure it was done

DAVEB4

[quote author=DarrenC link=topic=36844.msg422546#msg422546 date=1359910202]
Id be amazed if it wasnt done, cant imagine Dave leavin somethin like that undone
[/quote]if you have any doubts over when the belt was last changed do it now to be safe . All alot cheaper to replace it now instead oftaking a risk and destroying the engine

just been in touch with last owner he has confirmed the T belt was done 100% so all good me mind is deffo at ease tnx for the input guys

DAVEB4 :subaru:

Back