Rust treatment

PatrickBuzzin

Hi guys, found a leak in my boot today that has been there a while. Haven't used the boot in months. What is the best think to treat the rust formed in the spare wheel we'll to stop it going any further.

Gonna jump in here as I've been looking for thesame. What sort of brands would you recommend lads? And where would you get it? A lad in work was talking about rustoleum last week but I cant find it anywhere.

clean car was doing stuff there a while ago :thumbsup:. i use krust swear by it best stuff ever made by hammerite i think but not sure . not cheap but worth it :thumbsup:

:don't know: never put it on good paint rob being honest used loads of it on the lancia but not on good paint work . painted some on the sunroof where there was rust showing through now the paint never bubbled or anything but there was no lacquer on so i'd be carefull :thumbsup:

If there is rust to be treated then won't you be painting the area anyway,just apply it carefully to the rust only,just in case.I am 26 years panel beating and I have used kurust many times,I can't remember any problems or weird reactions,but there's always a first time.

I was just thinking along the lines of the picture above, just to see what happens if some gets on the good paint in the surrounding areas.

Back