ecu help 93 legacy turbo

jamiek_leggy

Sunday Drivers
Hey guys, I was wondering was there any way of squeezing a few extra horses from my legacy with an ecu? swap, say an impreza one, I guess I would need whatever turbo matches the ecu?? I already have a 3'' decat exhaust from turbo back a front mount and a high flow fuel pump. Any and all options?

Jamie

Ok, so what's the best/easiest/cheapest way around having it mappeable?? Would I need an ecu?
I can build subarus all day but this electronics stuff gets confusing...

Jamie

Think you can get a simtek or solaris ecu for it, or else you could buy a crash damaged v5/6 or newage and transplant everything.

not very well up on it to be honest but i'm going using apexi v1/v2 ecu when i get some mods done and a remap and see how it goes from there :thumbsup:

right, so best way to go for extra BHP is something like an Sti swap? Would it need to be v1 or v2?
only a thought at the moment

td05 turbo
440cc yellow injectors
after market air filter
you already have the decat,frount mount and fuel pump....
then remap with simtec or apexi ecu and see where you want to take it from there.....

It has a custom inlet with cone and cold feed too, so a td05 injectors are easy enough.
What sort of costs are involved with the simtek?
I would change the heads over to Sti ones once I can afford them as I have early hydraulic lifters.
and probably mahle forged pistons for added peace of mind, I don't want to go wild with the output Just enough to keep the grin on my face.
Sound good or am I going the wrong way?

Back