light grinding noise

DAVEB4

Sunday Drivers
light grinding noise

i have a 02 legacy & just today i have discovered a noise im nearly sure its comming from the back passenger side it sounds like a wheel bearing that kind of noise and starts around 40km iv jacked up back of car and checked drives & all seem to be ok any help would be good as how do i find out what it is for sure tnx guys

DAVEB4

Re: light grinding noise

To check wheel bearings jack the car up and grab the top and the bottom of the wheel and see if there is any movement-there shouldnt be. Also rotate the wheel and see if it feels free or if theres any rumbling noise-it would have to be very bad to hear noise though.

tnx for reply i have done that and all seems fine the noise only comes into it when i reach about 40 km when driving & it does sound the very same as a bearing going or gone if i need bearings where would a man get them i would be very grateful for any help tnx

DAVEB4

cheers guys for your help tomorrow i will go through it with a fine tooth combe i will keep ye posted as regards the outcome tnx again

DAVEB4

hi guys first of all tnx for all your help i have located & fixed the prob got the car on lift and found it wasn't bearings or diff thank god but i did have to cut off a lot of baling twine which had wrapped it self around the drive shaft and back diff causing the problem so maybe owner before me was a farmer all sorted now tnx again guys

DAVEB4 :thumbsup:

a nice and easy fix dave :clap:
i had a dog lead rapped around a drive shaft once and the clip parts was scrapping off the ground making a rasttling sound,drove me mental for 2 days :shock2:

[quote author=JOHNNY T link=topic=36794.msg422049#msg422049 date=1359568755]
a nice and easy fix dave :clap:
i had a dog lead rapped around a drive shaft once and the clip parts was scrapping off the ground making a rasttling sound,drove me mental for 2 days :shock2:
[/quote]

any sign of the dog!! :icon_cry:

Back