01 legacy b4 ABS LIGHT

DaveSleggy

Hey guys

I'm new on here, I bought a 2001 legacy B4 jap import there a week ago. I bought the car knowing the ABS light was a issue and did some research on it and found out its had a auto to manual conversion and apparently it needs a manual ECU installed which I was quoted €475 for.
But driving the car iv found that the ABS doesn't work, which is fine, but the ABS warning light only comes on when I switch the headlights on. And then it stays on until the engine is switched off.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this problem and if my one could recommend a mechanic to get the work done on her.

Cheers guys

This is a bizarre coincidence coz I just collected my leggy after a auto to manual swap. I'll have a thread up about it in a couple of hours with details but the ecu didn't have to be swapped.

We're you mislead in any way during the sale about the conversion? Have you any comeback, as in get a full refund and hand back the car?

Oh and welcome!! :thumbsup:

Yeah I was think that alright I dont see why the ECU has to change, the engine still works the same you just don't have a gearbox to control anymore

Here's the line about the ABS from the chap who did my swap

The automatic trans control module is still connected in order to keep the loop from abs module to ecu to abs controller active - the abs works fine.

May be of use

Had it off with dave at sti tuning he sorted it out, completley different car to drive now smooth as butter!

Back