air intake

pergie

Octane Boostaholics
just wondering i have a panel filter in my 02 bugeye at the moment and was thinkin of goin down the road of an intake system like a k&n typoon r his power intake does anyone have one in there car ?

is there much of a difference in that to a panel filter ?
and what would the best one to get ?

You'll get a lot more noise, some people like, some people don't. Performance is improved as airflow is increased but you will require a remap for it.

K&N or Perrin are good.

i have a pipercross induction kit in my bug and it sounds well dont know how much difference it makes to power but i like the noise from it

I've had the hks super power flow induction kit in all my impreza's an it was a top class system
I am accualy going for another one soon for my jdm twin scroll Sti i have a hks panel filter in it at the minuet

have a K&N in the fozzy, there's a good bit more noise from it, nothing i mind tho.
and there is a bit more throttle response and faster spool imo.
if you look at the standard airbox the only way in for air is through the whole on the bottom of the box....

the hole on bottom of box is drainage hole in case water present.

air is fed through the big black intake plastic funnel and into airbox.

^^^ thats what i meant dave. in the fozzy it goes from top of the headlight, right into the wing and back into bottom of the airbox.. weird design

Works perfectly well upto 370-380bhp.

so design far exceeds the standard turbos ability.

so no need for induction kit unless going front mount or changing turbo that will make above that bhp

Back