new laptop recommendations

scoobysub

ISDC Club Member
as the title says looking for a new laptop. have a sony vaio for the last 6 years still going but cant upload stuff to it and it has no wifi connection . new one must have wifi connection but will just be used for looking up the internet and the likes .anyone any suggestions :thumbsup:

I have a Sony vaio the last 8 yrs, fantastic laptop never let me down once and I used it hard.
I'm due an upgrade too and was looking at another vaio but I have been swaying towards a lenovo,
Super spec compared to other laptops of the same pricing.

I got a chromebook, after years of spending money on laptops and never using 1/3 rd of the processing power I just bought exactly what I needed..think they are about 240 euro...they are superfast as well, super light

I forgot about you being our resident IT expert Dave :icon_grin:

I was gonna start a thread myself about buying a laptop (probably this weekend)

I'll be using it for photos & photo editing mainly so any ideas what sort of spec would be necessary/ideal for such work?

I'm looking at buying big, something like i5 processor with 8gb ram but is it worth the premium over i3 & 4gb ram for what I'll be using it for? Either way it will have usb3 port for decent external storage

Wouldn't be an expert anymore....but I can tell you this much if you can notice the difference between i3 and i5 in a day today laptop I'd be very surpised

Back