Halfords tire inflator or similar

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
I need to check all the fmic piping for leaks and rather than buy a regulated air compressor for a few hundred quid i think i can get away with just using one of these :

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_786127_langId_-1_categoryId_212481

with a boost leak tester i have. I just want to make sure everything is 100% before i get a remap again. Has anyone got one of these, are you able to set the psi and it will not go above what you set? any other recommendations welcome!

Dan
I have one of them Tyre inflators that plugs into the ciggy lighter in the car.... I trust its pressure more than 90% of garage forecourt yokes...
Basically set it to the psi (or bar) pressure that you require and put it onto the Tyre! It inflates up to the desired pressure at which point it will turn itself off again!

I wonder will it work for what i need might be too noisey though! I need to build up to say 15 psi of pressure and make sure there is no leaks and that the pressure drops at about 1 psi per second for a good leak free setup. I might have to try something else i find someone that has a pressure regulated compressor i can use for an hour or so

Only issue you'll have is setting up a way to pressurized the system to check it.....
You'r welcome to borrow the yoke i have for a day or two if you want!!! Biggest hurdle with that is getting it too you!!! Im not going to be in Dublin any time soon unless the wife goes into labour

The one I have gets up to set psi but then if ya dont take it off it must allow back out through the pipe and it bulids up presure again. You can have a loan of mine and try if ya like. Its the mitchelin one in halfords.

I've a compressor if it's any use to you Dan... But you'd have to use it in situ at the house... Based in north Wicklow if it's any use to you.

Back