Injector cleaners

DarrenC

Sunday Drivers
Looking to give the legacy fuelling system a bit of a clean as it didnt get much use before i bought it so can anyone recommend a good cleaner to add to the juice?

Be careful with diptane and the likes, they lower the octane rating of the fuel so only full boost might detonate.

I used dipetane and maxol e5 and it seems to have done the job, car is runnin much smoother...wouldnt be drivin it hard anyway, mostly motorway miles

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=36531.msg418554#msg418554 date=1357303532]
Be careful with diptane and the likes, they lower the octane rating of the fuel so only full boost might detonate.
[/quote]

Will it only lower the octane level for that particular tank or will it effect the system for a certain amount of km's

[quote author=DarrenC link=topic=36531.msg418557#msg418557 date=1357305476]
I used dipetane and maxol e5 and it seems to have done the job, car is runnin much smoother...wouldnt be drivin it hard anyway, mostly motorway miles
[/quote]

Where can I get this dipetane?

Will only have an effect for that tank of petrol. Run the tank down, put in a tenner of juice and run that down. Do the same again with another tenner's worth and completely fill the tank next time. Might be overkill but you're gonna be sure it's all gone at that point.

It available in nearly all motorfactors.

Diptane as rob said is available in pretty much every motorfactors at this stage, good stuff always use it before nct, I put a full bottle in and fill the tank and drive handy till petrol light comes on, fill her up again and wait till that's gone through before putting the foot down.

Changing your fuel filter (ever) is a better job for scoobys!
I've serviced too many of them with big kms on them that never got one!

It's also better than using an additive to flush your filter into your engine!

Back