legacy b4 HELP NEEDED,,bad misfire/wont idle/low idle,with video

collyb1

Sunday Drivers
lads,,i need help !!!! my leggy b4 is running like a bag of spanners..she hasnt moved in 3 days..i cant sort this problem... when i start it from cold,or warm,,the revs drop down to really low and she starts misfire and hardly running,,,sometimes it just cuts out ... if i keep the revs up ,it wont rev past 3000rpm,,and th revs sometimes just drop away without me even letting off the accelerator pedal... im not gettin any error codes andi can hear a random clicking noise coming from aroundthe throttle body area if the hold the revs high...i desperate for help here... 3 days ago the car ran amazing...ive attached a video for anyone to have a listen,,any help .or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n7LAYdyJQBg

Idle control valve is what I'd clean first or replace then go from there. Could be a MAf sensor aswell , have those parts there if you need

cleaned both of these baz...would she not throw a code for the maf ??? plus the engines dies if i unplug the maf when its ideling,,would hat not be a sign that the maf is ok ?

would she idle that bad with a vac leak mr green ? ive checked everything,,i will be honest this all started when i fitted a new boost gauge..but i put all back to normal as soon as it started mis behaving,,and its still at it

I feell like I'm cracking up. Trying to diagnose this issue on Xmas day :( here's another video I made earlier . Iv ruled out the maf . But I can hear a clicking noise coming from the throttle body area when I rev the car . It pops an clicks around that area too

http://m.youtube.com/index?client=mv-google&gl=IE&rdm=mfca6b9u#/watch?v=cln2opxsS90

If this can't be solved in next few days , I'm breaking the car for parts ... I haven't driven it in over a week an I'm seriously depressed :(

[quote author=collyb1 link=topic=36483.msg417792#msg417792 date=1356444633]
I feell like I'm cracking up. Trying to diagnose this issue on Xmas day :( here's another video I made earlier . Iv ruled out the maf . But I can hear a clicking noise coming from the throttle body area when I rev the car . It pops an clicks around that area too

http://m.youtube.com/index?client=mv-google&gl=IE&rdm=mfca6b9u#/watch?v=cln2opxsS90

If this can't be solved in next few days , I'm breaking the car for parts ... I haven't driven it in over a week an I'm seriously depressed :(
[/quote]

break it? or have someone who can diagnose issue?

oh and from video sounds like coil pack popped out as in where 12mm bolt was left loose and clicking is coil pack sparking on rocker cover.

but as its a short video and forum guessing your never going to get a accurate answer.

thanks for the reply dave... where are u based ?? as id nearly drop her to some one like u who knows their stuff in the new year

I was told if I unplug the maf while she is idling , an it dies , then the maf is ok .. I then unplugged each ignition coil one at a time an listened for changes in the way the engine ran .. And all the coils unplugged one at a time made a difference

[quote author=collyb1 link=topic=36483.msg417895#msg417895 date=1356652585]
I was told if I unplug the maf while she is idling , an it dies , then the maf is ok .. I then unplugged each ignition coil one at a time an listened for changes in the way the engine ran .. And all the coils unplugged one at a time made a difference
[/quote]

Sorry now,but "i was told" has been the downfall of manys a man. Have the coils been checked under load? If coils haven't been out then plugs cant have been inspected. Also unplugging the maf doesnt rule it out. I think you said somewhere that you cleaned your maf-that is not advisable.

Back