Legacy B4 Gearbox

Stevo87

Well lads...

Hopefully making it up to Dublin to look at a legacy b4 (the owner is on here) the electric mirror doesnt fold in and there's a crunch in third gear, his mechanic reckons it's a synchro so my question is what sort of money can i expect to pay to get this sorted? (I'm well up on my cars and know alot just dont know subaru's at all.. )

Cheers in advance :)

[quote author=p1impreza link=topic=36459.msg417464#msg417464 date=1356034146]
Advice is walk away,plenty of good 1s about
[/quote]

x2

That B4 is my old car and it was and probably still is a great car, I had it for just over 4 years, first owner from Japan. Sold it about 20 months ago.
The WRX has a thread open on it also, it's a nice car but more than likely unmapped and run on 95 octane since import.

If i wanted to buy the impreza is there any way of getting the engine checked? etc to make sure it's healthy? or would i just be buying blind with my money ?

I dont think so, any car can blow up, you cant see into the future,but previous history of a car's maintenance is all you have aswell as inspecting the car in person and from what i know about the B4 and from what i read about the WRX as i dont know that car personally is that the Legacy is a better maintained car.

Thanks very much... is there anywhere in dublin i could take the car for a health check before purchase? (somewhere well up on subaru's)

Well Dave in STITuning maintained that legacy for the 4 years I had it, he knows Subaru's inside and out.

Back