T518z??

gavduffy

Sunday Drivers
Anyone running this turbo? Would like some feedback on it. Checked it out on google but not a lot of info of it on a scooby

Goin into a type r. Have power fc, 550cc injectors, hks mani and turbo back exhaust and cosworth stage 2 cams.

Hey Gavduffy,

I have TD05 16g on my TypeR , power FC.....etc
I've never had an issue with it , great turbo , im sure there's better
but couldn't fault it , must have it on the car 5 years now

At a quess i would think the TD05 18g would put out somewhere in the
320 / 350 bhp mark ...........

NIall.

Dave have the springs to go with it, use origional retainers. Thanks Niall, I can get a gt3076 w/ ewg with an ecu supplied and mapped for 7500$. Ecu they use has anti lag and launch control etc. he can quarentee me 400whp running 24psi. But I have the t518 and power fc here ready to go in but not sure which set up I want. If I could get 330ish whp with the power fc set up I'd go with it

What internals are you running for to support 400whp??

Also where are you located.

No need to run external wastegate unless going rotated turbo

I presume its a Yank bolt on turbo with ewg he means. (if so bare in mind it might not fit too well on a right hand drive)
What engine have you?
400whp is probably about 480ish crank hp, 550 injectors wont do that on our fuel, Standard Type R box wont do it either, nor will anything engine wise.
I would be mindfull that the yanks dont seem to worry about spool up or driveability when choosing a turbo and look for an end resut rr figure, ..

If you are still on a 2ltr, then you have no point in looking at the likes of a 3076,

I'm in oz. car is a 00 gc8, right hand drive, it's a garret gt3076 top mount turbo. I understand ill have to go with 1000cc injectors. I put a Dccd 6 speed in already and upgraded clutch to handle the power. The tuner said the ej207 will handle 24psi no problem with a good map. Have to remove air flow meter and use a map sensor instead.

[quote author=gavduffy link=topic=36427.msg417198#msg417198 date=1355694456]
400 wheel hp isn't 480bhp. It's about 440. And ye that's the plan.
[/quote]
So your only loosing 9% from the crank through a 4wd system.. :icon_rolleyes:
Think you need to do some more research.

There's ej207's here runnin gt35r's at 27psi as a daily driver. Makin 450atw. Has anyone on this site actually tried it??

As most go by 24% then your original goal of 400whp is over 480bhp. More so area 495bhp.

450whp is just under 560bhp flywheel.

And you want to do this on an original standard engine?

Look Dave I never actually said I wanted 400atw, the tuner said he can guarantee me that if I went with that set up, I'm sure he knows more than me or you as he does it everyday. My origional question was about a t518z turbo and only one person gave me feedback on it

[quote author=gavduffy link=topic=36427.msg417215#msg417215 date=1355702726]
Look Dave I never actually said I wanted 400atw, the tuner said he can guarantee me that if I went with that set up, I'm sure he knows more than me or you as he does it everyday. My origional question was about a t518z turbo and only one person gave me feedback on it
[/quote]

Actually no one gave you feedback as no one is running that turbo.

Technology and r&d has moved on from there so there are better 18g varients out there.

Thats answer to your original thread question.

Back