Front o2 sensor - where to buy OEM or Denso (not online)

geogan

Petrolheads
Short: Where would I get an OEM or Denso O2 sensor for Blobeye STI in Dublin in stock today? - no time for online ordering...

Might need to get a replacement one like today because I have NCT retest for other things this evening and the dam check engine light is on for o2 sensor - P0134 "no activity detected in circuit" and it's an instant on check error ie. if i turn check engine light off it comes back on within a few seconds. I'm going to open it up and examine sensor and the wiring after lunch but if all else fails I'll need to swap out with good sensor so NCT don't fail me again on that thing. So... where would I get an OEM or Denso in Dublin in stock? - no time for online ordering... don't really want to pay extortionate dealer prices for these either.

I'd say try any motor factor, i'm in the same position myself. My mechanic got one local in trim but i'm told it may not work. I'll know after lunch when it arrives.

Option 2 is to undone the 2 screws on the dash take out the clocks and cover the engine check light bulb.
It's how mine got through the NCT with the previous owner. :icon_omg:

The denso one the mechanic got from the local motor factors has put out the light and the cost was 250 euro.

u cud borrow mine if u wanted.collection from lusk I can meet u 2moro lunch time.I'm in work now and I could possibly sell it as it fited but not used, as I use the wide band lamba

[quote author=Animal spec-c link=topic=36408.msg416988#msg416988 date=1355420970]
u cud borrow mine if u wanted.collection from lusk I can meet u 2moro lunch time.I'm in work now and I could possibly sell it as it fited but not used, as I use the wide band lamba
[/quote]

Might take you up on this if in good condition and not many miles on it but not tomorrow... have time to look at sensor myself first to check if it is actually gone because it passed the NCT re-check even with the check engine light on.

its in great condition and very low miles,you welcome to borrow for nct 2moro,then decide if you want to buy,but at the very least you welcome to borrow it to get u tru nct if needed

[quote author=Animal spec-c link=topic=36408.msg416994#msg416994 date=1355429179]
its in great condition and very low miles,you welcome to borrow for nct 2moro,then decide if you want to buy,but at the very least you welcome to borrow it to get u tru nct if needed
[/quote]

As I said the NCT is already done and dusted - did it at 4pm today. passed and got my cert for 6 months. But still want to get this p0134 error sorted so if need to replace sensor I'll definitely go to you first instead of paying stupid money for new one. I'll give you shout after i get a chance to look at mine to see what's wrong with it if replacement needed.

Back