what oil for a rev D B4

gsr owner

Sunday Drivers
Hi Lads,
Just wondering whats the best oil for a 2002 Rev D legacy B4, is it semi-synthetic 10w 40, what brands would you reccomend ??,
I asked the guy in my local Consort and he said the Bardhal XTC (semi Synthetic 10w 40) was fine for it, but i
am reluctant to use this as it is only 20 euro for a 5 litre drum, which seems very cheap, and I wonder about the quality of it.
also does the oil and filter need replacing every 8000kms, or can it be done less frequently.

In both of my B4's I've used mobil1 10w40 with no issues whatsoever. its €27-€32 for 5l. Each service uses 4.7l iirc but open to correction on that. I do my oil and filter every 6000km to be safe. definitely wouldnt go more than 8000km. You can use mobil1 or Motul 15w50 if you want but unless doing track days or frequent hard driving its overkill

Thanks Sean,thats Semi-synthetic i presume, also I have always changed the oil in previous cars myself, is it handy enough to do on the Legacy ?? have you had any trouble with the speakers in your car, as the left and right back door and the Mc Intosh one on the parcel shelf are not working in mine, I was talking to a B4 driver from "Limerick" i think called Mike, said he knows you, he said it could be a problem with the rubber/foam surround on the speakers, you can buy new ones on E-bay.

Yes it's semi synthetic oil. Ive never had speaker problems but in my car I changed them all to alpine ones to complement the alpine head unit,and the originals only had paper cones and foam was all worn. Macintosh are quite troublesome and are in fact a branch of clarion. Oil change is simple. An oil change is an oil change regardless of make and model.

Back