Help, advice , opinions needed in relation to engine problem

medic1

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong section :dontknow:. Was driving to a funeral yesterday in Galway and just as i was turning into the graveyard a sudden knocking noise started coming from the engine :angry1:. stopped straight away got onto insurance nd got the car lifted and brought to the garage i normally go to in Galway. Garage rang today and said the had a look and reckon it's the big end bearings. So am wondering where to go from here, is it a new engine, reconditioned one or can my own be fixed, all help appreciated ; Thanks in advance everyone : Shane :thumbsup:

it is Ian, sent Dave legacy a pm to see what he thinks, am hoping some of you more mechanically minded lads may be able to help me choose what is best to do

source a 2nd hand engine may be tthe cheapest fix but then u dont know the history of the engine so it becomes a gamble,you wll need to weight up what the car is worth and what the repair bill is going to be then decide to sell as is or repair or try a 2nd hand engine

sorry to hear that shane .i think try the uk for a s/h one thats been rebuilt or get parts and build it yourself

If its a 1.6, just try to get a 2nd hand engine, probably cost you 400 quid

Sorry to heaar.never hear of many 1.6 big ends going. Its a 1.6 blob eye rob

It is A 1.6 ts hawk eye carolle & roche edition if im not mistaken
there is a twin off it knocking around my way
sorry to hear man hope you get it sorted cheap enough :thumbsup:

Back