Water leaking into my classic

Chrismc27sti

Sunday Drivers
I have water leaking into the REAR drivers side footwell has anyone ever had this problem in a 5 door classic sti before? I removed the carpet yesterday and it there was alot of water in it this mornin so I need to solve it quickly any ideas?

Is it wet in the boot as well? The rear light seals perish over time and water can get in and run under the rear seats and in to the foot well, happened on my classic wagon, I got new lamp sealer for my local motor factors and it sorted it out ;)

[quote author=dannyb link=topic=36337.msg416074#msg416074 date=1354563193]
Is it wet in the boot as well? The rear light seals perish over time and water can get in and run under the rear seats and in to the foot well, happened on my classic wagon, I got new lamp sealer for my local motor factors and it sorted it out ;)
[/quote]

Yea the wheel well is wet I'm gonn.a use clear tech 7 on them tomorrow man thanks for your advice

check your door rubbers as well that there on properly :thumbsup: if no luck get out the watering can and start at the lights and work up to the door seals :thumbsup:

I wouldn't use tec7 on the lights because if you ever have to take the lights out its going to be a pain in the bollox, the lamp sealer i used is a soft putty like sealer and stays soft but water tight, cant remember the name of it or the price but it wasn't that expensive, if you can do what I did and take your light out and show them what's on it and they should point you in the right direction

[quote author=dannyb link=topic=36337.msg416091#msg416091 date=1354570980]
I wouldn't use tec7 on the lights because if you ever have to take the lights out its going to be a pain in the bollox, the lamp sealer i used is a soft putty like sealer and stays soft but water tight, cant remember the name of it or the price but it wasn't that expensive, if you can do what I did and take your light out and show them what's on it and they should point you in the right direction
[/quote]
Thats sound advice mate thanks.

I spread baby powder over the dryed floor pan last night and the water that flowed in traced a pattern through it. Its comin floor under the dash not exactly sure where until I take the dash out could be the windscreen or a blocked channel.

Back