B4 heater problemhi

drifterex

Sunday Drivers
Hi,

I've had this problem on and off since I bought my B4 Legacy. The climate control goes from 18-33 degrees but it makes very little difference to the temp of the air coming out. Is it a heater matrix issue or is it the climate control.unit? Any help or advice would be appreciated as its that season now where an aluminium gear knob is horribly cold in the morning time and need some warmth :)

Mark.

The heater controls do give trouble , i have one if your looking for one

airlock!!

i had the same issue when i swapped my coolent and forgot to make sure the pipe in the expansion bottle was well covered to the marks, it was sucking air right back into the system when it cooled down :doh: :hammerhead:

park up a hill, a good hill,
engine on, header tank cap off
heaters on full heat on hard blow (i typically go for 3, 4 is a bit ferocious lol) get the coolent flowing around
wait for the fan to come on and off maybe 5 times (thermostat is open)
then top up the header tank for any bubbles that have come out
cap on
expansion bottle nicely topped up to the marks
wait for it to fully cool and re top up

:thumbsup:

Is it ok to mix coolent? Mine is green so would it be ok to top up expansion bottle wit any kind?

[quote author=Blain link=topic=36333.msg416048#msg416048 date=1354546572]
Is it ok to mix coolent? Mine is green so would it be ok to top up expansion bottle wit any kind?
[/quote]

If the majority of the system is collant just top up with water, shouldnt affect the ratio to much

[quote author=goosie208 link=topic=36333.msg416109#msg416109 date=1354577533]
distilled/de ionised water

otherwise your coolent pipes/block will rust in time

dont use tap water
[/quote]

Good tip

Back