Leaking pipe under inlet manifold.

dutch

Petrolheads
Im in the sh*t here lads. Can anybody tell me if the metal pipe that runs under manifold and feeds the heater element has a T piece of it. Do i need to take off the inlet manifold to replace this pipe. Tanx

If its a small diameter hose, its probably the one feeding the throttle body, you could bypass this if it got you out of trouble.

If not you will probably have to lift the inlet, you might be able to work with it in place but it would be tricky.
The metal pipes come up behind the cambelt cover from the water pump, another metal pipe is bolted to the aluminium Cross over pipe.

Yes dave its the larger of the two feeding the heater element. I was wondering if i could bypass from before it goes up behind cam cover but not sure if theres a T off this pipe running across under inlet. The joys of motoring eh.
Tanx Kenc

Is it the pipe that goes down to water pump or the short pipe that's bolted to the aluminium cast cross over pipe??

It a rubber pipe leaving the heater element it joins a metal pipe just above the starter motor. There are two of these metal pipes its the larger one. They both run down behind cam cover the larger one then has a short rubber pipe more of an elbow really that then joins the metal pipe that crosses infront of engine just below crank pully. Again a rubber elbow and it turns up towards water pump. Phew!

Back