hesitation coming on boost

scoobysub

ISDC Club Member
have being trying to sort this problem over the last while with no joy just before coming on boost between 3200 and 3500 there is sometimes a big hesitation just for a second and always it happens when you gun it. i can avoid it by taking it handy till after 3500 and then there's no problem. anyone any ideas .
i.v changed the maf . the spark plugs . checked for boost leaks and cant find anything ran the codes and i got 21 coolant temperature sensor which i have ordered but its not the problem . was going to change the coil pack . but is there any way of checking them before i change them to rule them out .

Reckon it a coil pack joe , not really sure how to check other than put in another known working set to eliminate them

I'd a similar problem on the wagon when I bought it Joe... Stuck a set of leads on it off the type r which fixed it. Try this prior to going the coil pack route.

i have 3 spare coils there joe, i havent a full set but i can send um on to ya to check the problem if you want....

cheers lads . the coil and the lead is all the one jamie just bolted in above the spark plug .

thanks very much for the offer johnny :thumbsup: might just get a set anyway as they will come in handy in years to come. if it turns not to be the coilpacks what else could it be

Them coils are prone to cracking joe so I would say that's your problem, take off each one to check for cracks and go from there. They are the same one of v1 v2 imprezas I think,

pull off the rubber tops of the coil where it meets the spark plug and check for damage joe i.e. burn marks etc......
are your coils the twin bolt ones?

Took off the coilpacks today they all look ok but going to get another set anyway just to rule them out

:icon_sad: right coil packs are not the problem . thinking now it could be the speed sensor as everything else has being checked . sometimes the speedo would not work properly until you tapped it but it was just the odd time . having changed the gearbox i had to swap over the sensor because the new gearbox was cable driven. so the same sensor was used just the top part was swapped over . i.v also just taken the clocks out to check the 3 plugs at the back they but all seem to be connected properly.could this cause the problem :ponder:

Had a problem like this with my car which took 2years on and off to solve. Turned out to be an incorrect map file had been put onto the ecu at some stage. A wipe and re map solved the problem.

[quote author=STiBug link=topic=36153.msg414614#msg414614 date=1353078894]
Had a problem like this with my car which took 2years on and off to solve. Turned out to be an incorrect map file had been put onto the ecu at some stage. A wipe and re map solved the problem.
[/quote]

Doubt thats the problem here though

he bought a new walbro fuel pump and fuel filter for it at couture on saturday Dan so
hopefully this will solve it :pray: :pray:

i wish it solved it :angry1: :angry1: still the same put the new pump and filter in sunday and its still the same i did find a wire that was off the air flow meter so i'm guessing that's why it was running lean it wasn't off it before but no light came up on the dash .so the search continues going to try the clocks next :pray: :pray:

Back