Stuck brake pins on Brembo

geogan

Petrolheads
I can get the top pins out of both front wheels easily by tapping with centre punch and hammer but the bottom pins on both wheels will not move at all no matter how hard I hit with centre punch and hammer :ponder2:

Anyone every have this problem with Brembo brakes? How did you get them out to look at and change pads?

2 pins on top of each caliper to take the brake pads out. No bottom pins anywhere?

The pad will be tight on the disk after you braked to stop the car in the first place. Take the cap off the brake fluid reservoir to allow you to push the pistons back in and release the pad.

By bottom I mean the lower pin on each wheel that hold the pads in the calipers. I can get the upper pin out of both front wheels but the lower pin on both wheels is stuck solid. Reading up i hear maybe wd40 and use vise-grips in centre and hit or rotate with hammer to loosen it. Would this help? I'm just getting squeeking since trackday and it looks like pads are not worn so just want to look at them...

[quote author=geogan link=topic=36118.msg413877#msg413877 date=1352287454]
By bottom I mean the lower pin on each wheel that hold the pads in the calipers. I can get the upper pin out of both front wheels but the lower pin on both wheels is stuck solid. Reading up i hear maybe wd40 and use vise-grips in centre and hit or rotate with hammer to loosen it. Would this help? I'm just getting squeeking since trackday and it looks like pads are not worn so just want to look at them...
[/quote]

Well man once you get the pads out give them a light file on the friction material and it will get rid of the squeaking , most cars do it after trackdays

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=36118.msg413878#msg413878 date=1352288149]
[quote author=geogan link=topic=36118.msg413877#msg413877 date=1352287454]
[/quote]

Well man once you get the pads out give them a light file on the friction material and it will get rid of the squeaking , most cars do it after trackdays
[/quote]

Ok thanks, I'll try that then if/when I get them out :thumbsup:

Back