gurgling/sloshing noise from behind dash legacy b4

collyb1

Sunday Drivers
well gents iv noiticed a gurgling /sloshing noie today from behindthe dash area in my legacy b4 ?? it did it while i sat in nuetral and reved the car slightly .. iv no coolant leaks,all the levels are fine and the car has no power or strating issues ,,any ideas ??

That's a common issue as far as I know and nothing to worry about, I think to fix it is not worth the hassle because it involves taking out dash, someone else here will know more about it than me.

cheers for that mate..it got me a wee bit worried but as u say if its nothing to worry about an iv no coolant or fluid loss then im happy :lol:

[quote author=goosie208 link=topic=36096.msg413543#msg413543 date=1352056809]
common? never heard of it, :eek7:
[/quote]

X2 its an air lock and needs to be bled properly

My 2 subarus made that noise, however when ciaran (asd) was doing my timing belt earlier this year the system was drained and refilled and I ain't heard the noise since so it can be fixed

Had it on my old B4 as well, can't remember what it was exactly, someone told me before I've forgotten. Actually might have been to do with the air con, think there is a pipe that acts as a drain for condensation on the passenger side directly behind the glove box that can be blocked from road dirt. Nothing to worry about though if it is that but just in case, I would check to ensure the coolant system is bled properly, never heard of the heater matrix being a problem area while bleeding though.

Have had this sound last 6 years goes when car heats up always thought it had somthing to do with
Heating/air con :dontknow:

Slight airlock. Noise is from heater matrix. Park the car facing uphill overnight,take off rad cap. Should be gone in the morning.

Back