brake shudder

Blain

Middle Lane Hogs
ive a lot of brake shudder when braking in my legacy, now i know that it could be warped discs but i put new discs 4 months ago! was wondering if a buckle in the wheel or something else could cause this???

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=36019.msg412732#msg412732 date=1351292226]
If you have a sticky piston in the caliper, it wont matter how long the disks are in there.
[/quote]
X2 you've had serious problems with brakes

No kept the old pads as they were only half gone! But have since changed them, so q buckle wouldn't cause this? How would u kno if the piston was seizing?

[quote author=Blain link=topic=36019.msg412748#msg412748 date=1351342110]
No kept the old pads as they were only half gone! But have since changed them, so q buckle wouldn't cause this? How would u kno if the piston was seizing?
[/quote]

With a buckled wheel the shudder would be there all the time. After a drive put your hand on the center of each wheel, if one is significantly hotter than the rest that would be the caliper with the problem. Doesnt work all the time though.

Can you feel one side shuddering more than the other? More than likely if you have a sticking caliper the disc will eventually warp on that corner from heat.

If you take off the caliper and try push the piston back with a pipe grips ( If you have ) if you cant push is back easily then that is the problem.

ill check the calipers and see, ill give that hot wheel job a test and see ya never know!!! when ya take the caliper out how can you get the piston out?could you pump the brake slightly?

[quote author=Blain link=topic=36019.msg412751#msg412751 date=1351349503]
ill check the calipers and see, ill give that hot wheel job a test and see ya never know!!! when ya take the caliper out how can you get the piston out?could you pump the brake slightly?
[/quote]

Why do you want to take the piston out?If it is seized ya mean?

[quote author=Blain link=topic=36019.msg412764#msg412764 date=1351363359]
not out completely jus to check? can you put copper grease on the piston?
[/quote]

No you cant man

Back