Prosport gauges

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Has anyone tried these gauges? Im looking to try fit a oil pressure and temp gauges in my center cubby storage, their newer evo range seem to be slimmer and might fit there. Whats the best place to connect the sensors to for the oil pressure and oil temp? Would a oil filter sandwich plate be best option? or is there better spots to tap into to get these readings?

My boost gauge is prosport, its grand, no bother with it. smoked off, white on and red when lights on, shows max boost and allows you to set an alarm at a point of boost when its reached if you want. Have 3 more prosports there yet to fit, oil temp, oil pressure and water temp.
No idea about fitting unfortunately!!!

i have an oil temp and pressure gauges there, but they will not fit where i want, thats why i was looking at these evo ones as they are a lot slimmer

I had them, really didn't rate them at all

I noticed immediately on opening the boxes they seemed very cheap, and when I had them fitted I found them wildly inaccurate, oil pressure could be anywhere from 5.5 bar to 7 and at times off the scale, oil temp never really liked to move, even under hard driving

Went to defi and, oh look, my oil pressure is a solid 6.5 bar..... Oh, and my oil temp does intact vary with different driving

I think there is a reason Prosports are £40-50 and defi are 200.....

Personally I wouldn't entertain considering one again,

I would not be a fan of prosport myself.

They are ok for the money as such. But no where near likes of defi.

Have them in mine, no probs and accurate, 3 gauges to the door with warning lights, sandwich plate(which I didn't use) and valve caps for 170 quid, cheap but they work, how much would 3 defis set you back! Oh and an oil press and temp fitting kit from scoobyparts is the job.

sounds good Nic, does the scoobyparts fitting kit let you connect both the temp and pressure senders in somewhere on the top of the block?

I do t get it Dan, you seem to put the best stuff into your car, so why skimp on Aldi spec gauges

Defi may be a lot brand new, but I got my whole assembly on eBay for £280

Controller, all wireing and senders, pods, and 3 gauges

And mine are the STS26B's, which now seem to be harder to find than Genomes

Serious bargains to be had

i would consider the Defi's but i dont want big gauges hanging off the dash, in gauge pods or pillar pods. I have a small cubby storage in the center console that could fit 2 x 52mm gauges, but they would have to be pretty shallow in depth to be able to close the storage cover, thats why i was looking at the prosport evo series ones

defi do 52mm gauges too

might be worth checking with couture as they stock defis. call out to nick & ask him can you size up the 52mm gauge in your car to see will it fit?

yep i saw them but they are about 70mm long, where i can probably fit about 42-43mm at most without butchering up that cubby section.

how much are the costing these days Dave? Do they come with all mounting gear etc needed? From what i see they do oil temp, water temp and oil pressure, which covers everything i need i guess.

yes my temp comes from the sump plug (£5 brass adapter) and my pressure from the pressure sensor switch location on the block via another adapter/extender (£12) all on ebay

Back