Saving TopGear

R

Rcomms

If you haven't already seen it...

Topgear has always come in for critism from certain quaters, so its unsurprising givent he accident that Richard Hammond had, there are increased calls to end topgear. To that end the following petition is to be submitted to the BBC, filled with the names of those who don't want to see the show taken from air. So far there are well over 19,000 signatures!!

To do your bit, just signup below:

http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html

:roll: Jesus!! People would start a petition for anything these days!!

The BBC can run their own affairs. All that petition does is advertise the fact that there are calls to end topgear (I hadn't heard of any before I read this :dunno:)

John

It all stems from Jeremy Clarksons own column in The Sun.

He finished it up last weekend by writing the following;

"....You’d think that the joyous news would silence the vultures circling the crash site since the accident, rejoicing in the fact that Top Gear had finally been taught its lesson that speed kills.

Somehow I doubt it though. The campaign to have us taken off the air — sparked curiously, by the BBC’s own news website — will now be ramped up, fuelled by the environmentalists and spearheaded by muddle-headed road safety campaigners.

Richard is winning his fight. And now mine begins. To make sure that he has a show to come back to.
"

hense why the petition was started :). In my opinion it can't hurt to show that there is support for it to continue. :thumbsup:

Done mate  :headbanger:

hey nodge, wot car u drive........ a skoda.............. sure sounds like it............. :doh:

so wots wrong wi signing the petiton............... only an eco warrior wud come out wi that statemant......
after all we are all petrol heads on here and Top Gear is a petrol heads chapter from the petrol heads bible  :worship:

so wots a couple of minutes of your time................. :angry:

Top Gear will always be on the air, its shown on Living TV everyday and repeats every other week, the BBC have always bowed to public pressure, but this time they will lose IMHO.

Gazza, hamster and C$%kface are just to funny to not be on tv, and yes i did sign the petition, numerous times. :D

:subaru:

[quote author=gojonnyjo link=topic=475.msg3312#msg3312 date=1159212683]
hey nodge, wot car u drive........ a skoda.............. sure sounds like it............. :doh:
[/quote]
I think you're getting me wrong here jonny. My beef is with those online petitions - they don't mean sh1t! You can get people clicking on a link all over the world to support this but it doesn't mean that they (a) watch Top Gear, (b) like driving, (c) own a television, etc etc.
As Ray says in his post, he signed the thing numerous times! How does that give it any real meaning or suggest that anyone would take this seriously?
Point is, if you're really concerned about a possible cancellation of Top Gear then sit down and write to the BBC. Otherwise, you could hope that the up-tight, whinging busybodies will be ignored and the show will continue as normal.
That's all - just cos I have an opinion doesn't mean I'm an eco-warrior ;)

and oh yeah - I do drive a skoda. That's it there in the picture on the left :roll:

John

Oh ya i seen that flat 4 Skoda
headding down the link with several
blue lights in the distance trying in vain
to catch up.....................Care to elaborate ????? :nana: :nana:

Niall.

Didn't realise there were eye-witnesses Niall
I can see the headline in De Echo already.......

ISDC Secretary in "I drive a Skoda" Shocker

:cheers:  @ nodge
well shoot me in the foot  :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:  flippin heck iv got a skoda   :wall:

get you r point now jonh, and yes i can see wot ur on about,  maybe the club wud forward a letter to the bbc on behalf of its members pointing out its dismay of the possible cancelation of the show

wot yas all think of that  :dunno:  :ponder:

any seconders

Back